Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #31
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Doesn't sound at all like Tibbo - I'm sure there's a good reason. It'sa lot of stuffing around , organising packaging and posting and the like, especially when you work...
yeah but he hasnt kept in contact. is he still selling it cause seriously the car is now starting to **** out water, i might need to go up to the wreakers soon and get riped off : :evil_laug . but yeah i understand that he might be busy thats y i am waiting another week

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 AM   #32
EFFalcon
Last warning

great results.
somethings are near impossible to sell on the forums... but u can't expect wonders!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:37 AM   #33
b2tf
not here much anymore

Once you get to know people a little better you'll find you can usually tell who's genuine and who's not.
For people chasing up a particular member in regards to items for sale etc., best course of action is to send them a PM and just ask where they're up to (be nice), and go from there. Dont go badmouthing on the forums because there may be a perfectly legit explanation for the delay.

As with buying anything via Internet though, use your discretion and make sure you know the facts about what it is you're buying. Most buyers and sellers are honest people but as we all know it only takes one bad egg to throw a spanner in the works and potentially lose you money.

Last edited by b2tf; 12-08-2005 at 02:43 AM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #34
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Just bought a indicator stalk/unit/wiper stalk thing off 1TUFEA, and it arrived today, after 3 days. Quick and no fuss.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #35
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have bought and sold a few $k of car parts / audio gear on various forums, havn't had any problems
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #36
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I got my 4 BA 17's rims through the forum. No prob's just did buyer beware approach. Got them of Nevermind. Good price simple exchange.
Uncle_Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Well ... haven't had the opportunity to buy and sell on here yet ... but i have had great dealings on other forums in the US (Mitsubishi forums) ... used to sell a ton of parts to people over there who wanted our oarts out here.

Have had good dealings on the FordMods site as well ... can't say I have problems at all really.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post