Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
whiskers
gone fishing

Default Interior got wet now smells.

G'day all,

after all of the recent rain up here in sunny QLD the interior of the old girl got a bit wet from umbrellas and wet shoes, it now has that distinct cat pi$$ smell, I have left the windows down all weekend but the smell hasn't got any better.
I have just read about some stuff called "WURTH" on one of the threads on here and was wondering if this would get rid of the smell or is there something else that I could use.

cheers

Old 06-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
dreadly
Banned

Get some interior cleaner, and give her detail
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go and buy some odor eliminator. Not a smelly fragrance but an actual eliminator.
Super Cheap sell a Meguiar's one that is very effective. Just spray it on and rub it in.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

yep, or pull it out and clean it

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
whiskers
gone fishing

thanks for the replies guys, looks like a trip to super cheap/autobarn or something similar
Old 07-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
whiskers
gone fishing

just an update, I went to autobarn yesterday and picked up a new product they have for neutralizing smells like the one that was in the car from wet stuff.

Its called "ODOR OUT" and it seems to have done the job although I think that I may have used a bit much, it leaves a citrus kinda smell the price was about $8 so that a lot better that getting the carpets cleaned professionally
Old 07-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Hadware shops sell this stuff you put in wardrobes in tropical high humidity areas like Cairns
it sucks the water out of the air!
try bunnings
no smell either
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post