Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
lil'fez
Starter Motor

Default 195/55/15 on an 2006 Fiesta?

Hi everyone.
We have a 2006 fiesta and it runs on the original 195/50/15 tyres and they are about to need replacing.
We live on a fairly bad road which has poor seal and bumps and i think there is too much noise and harshness coming from the road.

Im thinking about going to a 195/55 /15 tyre instead to increase the sidewall a little.
This would be about a 3% change in the speedo which is no big deal.

Has anyone done this?

Is there a hard wearing comfortable family type tyre in either of these sizes?

Last edited by lil'fez; 29-01-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: title edit
lil'fez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate, welcome

Iv'e just last week got some 195/55R15 Toyo Teo Plus tyres put on the wifes Lancer, cost me $118 each fitted and balanced which was a great price!

They are a very nice quiet riding tyre, fully made in Japan, high Silica content, perform well in all conditions and from all the reviews on the net long lasting, they also have a decent 8.1mm tread depth from new.

A bloke I work with got a set of them put on his Mazda 6 about 12 months ago, he's done a bit over 20,000km on them and they are hardly worn.

Here's a link

http://www.toyo.com.au/TEO%20plus.htm
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
lil'fez
Starter Motor

Thanks ill give them a go.
I'm not used to buying family tyres. my other car wears TOYO T1-R's

I had a very bad experience with the last set of "family" tyres i bought which were yokohama C Drives which were CRAP! They were supposed to be a long lasting touring tyre and we got barely 30K out of them which is all mileage considering they werent that grippy(and not cheap either).
lil'fez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

You'd know how good the T1-Rs then. I was a big Toyo convert after fitting them to my old Alfa Romeo. Surprisingly quiet, especially compared to the Federals it had before. I'll be looking to them once my OEM Pirellis have given up the ghost. Yokohama's are a shocker too, they're standard fitment on most passenger model Mitsubishis and were very noisy.