Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
As I said, brand image is important. If everyone thinks that Ford is a piece of crap and can't make cars to save themselves, people won't buy their cars, you could spam Ford advertising 24/7 over all channels but people still won't buy them because they think they're crappy. I think thats the problem, BRAND IMAGE.

Ford doesn't have a good brand image, and hell, going by their dealerships and servicing departments, that we experience, thats even worse. If we don't go to Ford servicing, the Ford "enthusiasts", what the hell is the average joe going to think?
I agree with you 100%!

But what Ford Australia need to do is show off their cars. They need to do it NOW. Can you believe an inline 6, turbo is making 310Kw? Its amazing! Does anybody know the fuel efficiency of the G6E Turbo?

If people knew, they would be buying these cars without thinking! These new fords are AMAZING cars, and unfortunately, only the ENTHUSIASTS know.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #32
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford marketing has been on Christmas holidays for years.

Wish them a happy holiday in France.

In the meantime, buy Australian!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Brand image is far more important. Brand image is not created over night with ****y ads or chest beating commercials, its subliminal as much as its pronounced.
Ford have bunkered down, something that may in fact ensure its survival.
+1 Brand image is their problem.

ATM Ford = taxi = crap. Unfortunatly cause they're a car that has good value and lasts in the long run Taxi companies see them as good money earners.

As for the enthusiets only knowing about the Falcon, well you all know its a good car but a small % have actually bought it. Instead its called ugly and the BA was better looking. If Ford cant convince the converted to buy what hope in hell do they have with A to B driver that doesn't care about handling or that a 6T had 310kw.

These customers care about reliability, good customer service and low running costs. Something the B-series destroyed to customers as the first models were full of problems, clunky as hell (transmission and steering), brake shudder and then had Ford service tell them this is normal. All the advertising in the world aint gonna get these people back, you neat about 10 years before they will consider again.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
I believe that you don't know what you are talking about.

EDIT: Nobody cares if you give a 'hoot'. But Ford Australia should care about the advertising of their NEW car. (which is an AMAZING car)

You say "Brand image is far more important", how do you think this image is achieved?

You should wake up, because that kind of image IS created over night. By crazy and ****y ads. Just face it, you know nothing of the advert market if thats the way you think. The only way to get an image out, is to show it off as much as possible.

(Havn't read the other posts because His post needed a response from me)
How many years have you been in marketing and sales??? or is that in next years syllabus?

Ford isn't interested in appeasing fanboys like you, they're interested in real customers who buy new cars....

Ford's problem IS brand image.. not lack of ****y ads..

IMO Ford need to invest as much money as they can developing new and innovative vehicles that people want to buy, not wasting money on ****y "feel good" advertising for ones they don't.....

Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #35
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
I agree with you 100%!

But what Ford Australia need to do is show off their cars. They need to do it NOW. Can you believe an inline 6, turbo is making 310Kw? Its amazing! Does anybody know the fuel efficiency of the G6E Turbo?

If people knew, they would be buying these cars without thinking! These new fords are AMAZING cars, and unfortunately, only the ENTHUSIASTS know.
Thanks, finally someone who agrees with me for once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #36
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
How many years have you been in marketing and sales??? or is that in next years syllabus?

Ford isn't interested in appeasing fanboys like you, they're interested in real customers who buy new cars....

IMO Ford need to invest as much money as they can developing new and innovative vehicles that people want to buy, not wasting money on ****y "feel good" advertising for ones they don't.....
Fully agree 4Vman, too bad no-one is listening to your wise words on this issue. This is exactly what Ford is/will be doing while GM/Chrysler halt all new programs. We will see who will have the last laugh on this in a few years time. Either way 2009 should be a good year for Ford launch wise (update territory, fiesta, new focus etc.), it is product that ultimately sell cars, not advertising.

Poor brand image = useless advertising (because no-one will believe you, try telling someone a falcon burns less than a camry on the highway.....). Useless advertising = poor sales.

BUT, brand image = quality cars. Its a long term cycle, and it takes a while to get it working in your favour (toyota etc.) Holden is about to experience the bad part of the cycle, when people realise the epica/viva/barina really are crap (no matter where they are made), and this devalues holden's brand. Toyota is getting a strong reputation for unexciting cars (witness TRD brand coming out) leading to their customers literally dieing off....in 5 years time they could lose sales too.

If you guys think ford can run some ads and sell more cars, well you are not only kidding yourselves on how effective advertising is, you are missing the point entirely. Brand value is priceless, literally, you can't buy it and it is much much cheaper than running tonnes of ads. After all, its about making money, not keeping us ford fans happy big noting ourselves (even if our cars are that much better.....) :

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #37
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Thought they had developed a falcon gas dedicated car that is as economical as a four cylinder or an inline 6 turbo that can develop over 300kw standard that would blow the doors of most 8's. Or a ute that can have a custom body fitted. A 5 star safety rating in a passenger vehicle. Thats right they have spent shyte loads of money doing this and lets keep a secret and not tell any one.The only people that know about this are the die hard fans not every prospective car buyer and why because there not told.
Yes I bought a new ford 3 months ago but not because of an add, as everone knows there a myth I wanted a ford. Good products but poorly sold to the general public.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #38
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Perhaps the advertising budget has run out.

Or that they are in the midst of changing their advertising company after the 'walking fingers' debacle.

They certainly need to promote the Falcon as the better alternative however.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #39
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Perhaps the advertising budget has run out.

Or that they are in the midst of changing their advertising company after the 'walking fingers' debacle.

They certainly need to promote the Falcon as the better alternative however.
Those must have been the most expensive fingers in advertising history...

I liked the GT commercial where there's an element of history in there.

Don't need ****...just state the facts...since 1972 Falcon has been Australia's Own Family Car, and the 2008 is the best Falcon ever.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Mate 1: hey mate, i was thinking about buying a new car, i like the look of the FG Falcon, what do you think?

Mate 2: na mate, don't buy it, Ford never spend any money advertising it, so it won't give you anything to brag about..

Mate 1: um, but its a good car, i've looked at one, and its got heaps of features including excellent fuel economy, its safer and offers way more than the commodore?

Mate 2: it doesn't matter, if Ford won't spend money with feel good ads i won't buy one, buy the commodore, its not as good but i love the TV ads..!.

Mate 1:.. hmm what the...?

Seriously.. how dumb and gullible do some of you think consumers are?
Its more like this.

Mate 1: Thinking about buying a VE, its the number 1 selling car in Australia, it must be good.

Mate 2: Ever thought about buying a Falcon.

Mate 1: Nah, the're crap, its no wonder they are going down the gurgler, Holden are the best.

Mate 2: I guess your right, a mate of a mate told me Ford will shutdown in Australia by next year.

Mate 1: Thats cause the Falcon is a bucket of sh**.

Mate 2: Yeah it is. Sorry mate got to go get my mullet trimmed, talk to you later. Tell Shazza I said hi.

Thats the perception that Ford need to stop by advertising the fact that the FG is the best Australian car you can buy. That perception won't change by sitting on their hands. Money is tight but they have to do something.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #41
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Get down to earth 4Vman. Your glib attack on AUForte is unwarranted. I don't know what your experience in marketing is but I think I could safely say that most forum members would find your line of thought on the subject questionable to say the least.

My opinion in an earlier post on the lack of Ford Australia advertising is based on 22 years of increased sales by successful campaigns as Marketing Manager Oceania for a leading Fortune 500 company selling products to the global consumer market.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post