Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Need help RE: ecu pin number

Hi all

Im going to attempt this this weekend:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewt...ight=shift+kit

Ive read through it all and all sounds simple enough, especially when they want $70 plus postage for one off ebay. Now, Im going to get the bits tomorrow arvo after work but just now I thought id go to the car and have a look at the ecu and see what I was in for. Ive pulled all the covers off and the main box from the loom. Now, in this blokes article, he talks about pins 71 and 81, but mine only goes up to 60. Someone posted back to him with an el monty that also had only 60 pins. Now, I gueess I need to know the actual pins I need (ie, the name of them and what they do).

So, does anyone know what pins I need? If I could get the name of them Im sure theres a wiring diagram that could help me, I just dont want to follow the pins that the bloke with the el did incase its different to mine (eb 4.0L).

Can anyone help me out with this please? Its got me totally buggered and Ill probably end up doing something stupid.

(sorry mods but if I put this in the right section it wont get any views and im desperate)

Thanks,
Davo

Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nevermind, Ive just found it, to all those who might like to know:

The S5 Wire to the ECU is on pin 38, and 12v on pin 57.
Old 20-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nevermind, Ive just found it, to all those who might like to know:

The S5 Wire to the ECU is on pin 38, and 12v on pin 57.