Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #31
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Seriously, ring the Department of Transport. Also put a formal written complaint in to Ford, this is ridiculous. What happens if my Super Pursuit is involved in an accident involving the right door, it will be write off purely because I can not get a new compliance sticker.

All because they took the cheap option and used stickers, at least our mini has a real compliance plate that is metal and can be re attached if the door aperture needs re painting.
Old 20-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
How can I go about getting in contact with one of those guys and not some monkey that cant give me a definate answer

Call and ask the question, if they can not answer just ask to be put through to a vehicle examiner.
Old 20-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #33
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Well I'll see how old mate at Ford goes with the letter so I can get the RWC while I have the day off, then if that all gets done I'll chase up someone that can help me at qld transport and hopefully get it sorted out properly. But yes Ford not doing replacement stickers is just a joke

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #34
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres the direct number for Department of Transport at Pineapple street zillmere 07 3263 6166
if they cant help you.. nobody can.. as thats where the police send you for a defect check
Old 20-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #35
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Kenz, PM sent as I have some info for you.
Old 20-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #36
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sticker isnt the cheap option, they claim its the more secure option, as once you remove it its void. They are trying to stop rebirths, I would hope someone with a limited edition Falcon might appreciate that.
Locally built Toyotas are the same with the sticker, hell the Aurion I looked at had bubbles under the sticker, and I suspect wouldnt last there any more than a few more years. They have the sticker in the Passenger rear door jam.

Like I said before, Hiace, and Hiace Commuter bus doesnt list a seat number either. Its not a one off, none of them do. I forgot to check the Hiluxs also, but I suspect its the same.
Ive got a feeling that reason may be is because they are commercial vehicles.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Maybe so but the advice from the Department of Transport is it has to be there on the Ford ute. Interestingly the examiner said that Ford and the Dealer are both at risk of being in legal hot water for both releasing and registering a vehicle with an incorrect label. Therefore it is in their best interest to fix the issue, one complaint to the Ministy of Fair Trading could land them in a lot of trouble.

I personally am concerned if my $65k ute will be written off just because Ford will not provide a new label. I sure everyone else here has a similar concern.
Old 20-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #38
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ring Ford back and tell them " you sold me an illegal unregisterable car ( which technicaly it is) if you don't solve this by close of buisness today i'll take it to a solicitor . they are liable to rectify this and fast as you can't clear the defects without it
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Well got told to ring Ford CRC and the lady there said Ford dont remake stickers or plates anymore nor could she write me a letter. She said get someone at the local Ford dealer to sight everything and write up a letter but check with QLD transport. So after 1/2hr on hold I got some clown as per usual with them that couldn't give me a definate answer but 'it should be fine'.
Rang the local Ford back and he was fine with doing the letter then rings back 5mins later and says the manager isn't too happy about it but he was going to see him again about it and haven't heard anything back yet...

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post