Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-09-2008, 01:57 AM   #61
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

- Offer a no cost option of a manual transmission on all models.
- Get the Falcon in LHD ready for exporting to other countries like the USA.
- Kill the marketing department and their families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #62
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Yep, unfortunately we have been let down by poor advertising and product managment by ford australia again. If they turn the Falcy FWD I will bloody swap sides and buy a vt ute for my first car. what we need is to go back to the basics and actually use some advertising flair and some clever ads, unlike the current ads which i am confident monkeys are coming up with.

REMEMBER FORD IF FALCY GOES FWD, I GO FOR A VT

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #63
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Hi just letting everyone know that my last ten posts have not been by me, just a Holden mate who has been posing as mw. I would suggest that he takes his blasphemy (esp concerning how crap AFL apparently is) to another forum, ie LS1. I would never own a VT - I'd take an AU VCT XR6 thank you very much.

Anyways, seeing as this Marin bloke is into small cars, whilst I can see Ford's market position as a whole improving, but with Falcon sales going down. Fiesta will probably get to about 1000 units a month, especially with the Thai plant coming online, and Focus will possibly get to around 3000 when it starts getting produced here. However, for Falcon, I believe that unless a significant export market gets established, it will be gone - not FWD, gone.

However, this isn't limited to Falcon - Aurion is basically screwed and Commodore will struggle - all companies really need to find larger export opportunities - I'm talking 200 000 a year within a few decades.

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFella
Hi just letting everyone know that my last ten posts have not been by me, just a Holden mate who has been posing as mw. I would suggest that he takes his blasphemy (esp concerning how crap AFL apparently is) to another forum, ie LS1. I would never own a VT - I'd take an AU VCT XR6 thank you very much.

Anyways, seeing as this Marin bloke is into small cars, whilst I can see Ford's market position as a whole improving, but with Falcon sales going down. Fiesta will probably get to about 1000 units a month, especially with the Thai plant coming online, and Focus will possibly get to around 3000 when it starts getting produced here. However, for Falcon, I believe that unless a significant export market gets established, it will be gone - not FWD, gone.

However, this isn't limited to Falcon - Aurion is basically screwed and Commodore will struggle - all companies really need to find larger export opportunities - I'm talking 200 000 a year within a few decades.
So you let others use your id..??? or are you using this as a cover and backpedaling once you've realised what you've posted...?

Old 30-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #65
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
- Offer a no cost option of a manual transmission on all models.
- Get the Falcon in LHD ready for exporting to other countries like the USA.
- Kill the marketing department and their families.
No cost manual on all models?
Um with the exception of Mondeo, most models already have this and in fact most models the manual is cheaper than the auto. It doesn't seem to be hurting Mondeo sales either.

LHD Export?
Not exactly a silver bullet but will soften the blow. Question is will investment be worth the return

Killing people?
A fan of hyperbole I see. But while the marketing department might be a favourite "strawman" for the regulars it is way past the mark. It is one of the few sectors of Ford Australia that is performing well. To prove my point if you had AFF doing the marketing it would be like a bad Rugs-a-million ad.
Old 30-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #66
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Killing people?
A fan of hyperbole I see. But while the marketing department might be a favourite "strawman" for the regulars it is way past the mark. It is one of the few sectors of Ford Australia that is performing well. To prove my point if you had AFF doing the marketing it would be like a bad Rugs-a-million ad.
What I mean is the "Finger Walking" ad was pretty crappy. The manual option i mentioned was meant for the Falcon, i don't think the povo model has a manual option, either does the G series. Look at Holden, they sell their inferior product pretty damn good, how about the "marketing department" pull their finger out.
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 30-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #67
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Question

i'd be asking "are you staying longer than the last one?" :ticking:
Old 30-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #68
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
NO FWD for falcon
I agree, just read my signature and we shall hope the message gets through to the new president....

Front-Wheel Drive Ford Falcon - Australia Says NO!!!
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #69
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Killing people?
Mate, he was only joking when he said to kill the marketing department. I agree with 90'sFTW there, they were crap ads with the finger walking. Also you do have a point about what Ford's ads would be like if AFF did the marketing, we should leave it to the professionals but even the professionals should do better.
Old 30-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #70
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To Ford Australia president....
  • No FWD Falcon!!!
  • Don't do away with the V8's, introduce a new V8 with more cubes to the Falcon. (Possibly the Hurricane V8 if it's reality).
  • Use "Eco Boost" technology in the V6 Falcons if it's supposed to reduce their fuel consumption significantly.
  • Facelift the Territory by 2009.
  • Bring back the Fairlane without any reduction to its length or wheelbase and update the wagon too.
  • AWD Focus and have an FPV version if it.

Last edited by TC200six; 30-09-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 30-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #71
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My advice would be to concentrate on building the Focus, the large car market won't recover.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #72
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
Mate, he was only joking when he said to kill the marketing department. I agree with 90'sFTW there, they were crap ads with the finger walking. Also you do have a point about what Ford's ads would be like if AFF did the marketing, we should leave it to the professionals but even the professionals should do better.
Thanks for defending me :

My Dad says that no one wants big cars anymore, thats why the Falcon isn't selling, but take a look at the Holden Commodore, that thing flies out the doors.
Quote:

Old 30-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #73
46302ute
gunna get there

Default ideas

1 lhd ute and territory to the USA maybe even Falcon
2 diesel in the territory
3 V8 territory
4 keep the Falcon RWD
5 remember that this is Australia and there are certain things that wont sell well here and certain things we dont need. Less european based cars
:thebirds: we dont need a huge range just a good one.
6 lets be more creative in the way we prove it is better than a commodore or camry.
:
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post