Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #121
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
The unroadworthyness of your car shouldn't be at the detriment to other road users. If your suspension isn't up to the task of driving on sealed roads then it shouldn't be on the road.
stewyg says he's since fixed his car, but the point worth making is that road itself is uncarworthy - the fact the speed limit has dropped and the condition of the road remains poor is a clear admission the road is no longer up to the standard that allowed it to have a higher speed limit and the road authorities are showing contempt to motorists by not promptly addressing it.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #122
stewyg
XC Pride

the suspention was shaged when i got the car, this was the day i took delivery of it so yeah, it was not roadworthy. however, now the problem has been addressed it's still a little hairy on that bit of road.

this is one situation where i appreciate the size and weight of the ltd over my mums C class. its a more advanced car, but it still is a little more toey on this stretch. i can only imagine how some of the more highly modified/exotic cars go on through there. my neighbour won't take the ferrari anywhere near it. same with my bros VH and supra...

my point is that you shouldnt have to drive an SUV to be able to navigate a major highway in the left lane but you do, and the motorist pays the price. i just hope the revenue goes into actually fixing the road

1976 Holden Sunbird. Compleatly showroom original. No mods. No major repairs 65000km's All recipts for all rego/service.

1986 FE LTD 510,000 kilometers on the clock and still going strong
stewyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post