Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #31
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My BA is with SGIC just under 110 a month with the mods. 19 years old.. They were the only mob who would insure it with with wider rear wheels....
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #32
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just got off the phone to RACQ this morning.

i was trying to see if i got a better deal than my current insurer (NRMA).

RACQ was dearer on the LTD by about $90 extra a year.

RACQ was dearer on the Courier by about $80 extra a year.

RACQ was cheaper on the Toyota Vienta by about $180 a year.

go figure.

and it just happens that i'm selling the Toyota at the moment, so no point switching at this stage.

current annual premiums are:

$425 on the LTD
$283 on the Courier
$535 on the Toyota

i'm 32 and hold a rating 1 or 65% no claim bonus.

the area where you keep the car garaged will also have a big impact on your premium. mine jumped up a good 15%-20% when i moved from North Ipswich to Browns Plains in February this year.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #33
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Try Ryno insurance in QLD. My GTP is with them, insured for $50k for around $800PA
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #34
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Im currently in the middle of insuring my BA XR8 with a few mods, Im 23yo and its come down to 3 companies. I rang up each of them yesterday and got quotes
Just car(The leader so far)-Unlimited Mods and soon looking into discounts for defensive driving course. payout of $22,000 and per year was $1369 and Excess of $2600 and $2800 for theft

Shannons-Had to argue, weren''t going to cover me coz of age and inexperience with XR8, until I stuck it up him and said I work out the Ford proving grounds and have been driving these for the last 4 years. payout of $21,500 and per year was $1361. they didn't tell me the excess.

RACV-Get free rental if your car is stolen. Payout of $22,000 Not sure if you can have a lot of mods or not though. Per year was dependant on what type of excess you wanted
$1960pa-Excess $900
$1666pa-Excess $1000
$1470pa-Excess $1500

I have to ring one of them up today and insure. It's looking like Just Car as a lot of other insurance companies don't like young drivers with a nice car. Just gotta take care and not have a crash where I have to pay excess.

My previous insurance for my '98 EL XR6 was around $1700pa for my first year and was the cheapest but it got to $800pa, agreed value of $10,000 and the excess was $1000 after I sent them my defensive drivers course cert. It took off $1000 excess.

Hope this helps.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #35
timace

My BA Fairmont costs me ~$1500 from the NRMA - I'd go with a better insurer if it wasn't for my bad driving record back when I was a youngin, a few claims and the fact that I'm only 23.

What saves me is Dad's 65% lifetime NCB and 12% multi-policy discount. You can imagine how much more I'd be paying if it weren't for those!
Old 13-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #36
fiesta8u

man where the hell do you guys live ? thats cheap as bloody chips, im paying $2800 a year for my fiesta which is the cheapest i found mods included, i wanna move to tha country.....
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #37
Paxton
Cobblers!

NRMA for the Falcon

Choice of repairer, Cheaper than AAMI, and I get a discount on the House.

The X5 is with Allianz.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #38
Turbotory
SYTTG

I managed to get a policy with AAMI on my 07 Turbo Territory Ghia at $110 per month. Im 25 with a clean record. I was with RACV at $120 per month but when I changed my air filter from the stock panel to the BMC washable one they told me they wouldnt insure me any more! Worked out better for me anyway
Turbotory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #39
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

i currently pay about $380 a year for the falcon but they dont know how heavily modded it is.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #40
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta8u
man where the hell do you guys live ? thats cheap as bloody chips, im paying $2800 a year for my fiesta which is the cheapest i found mods included, i wanna move to tha country.....

Im living around Geelong so I think the price is OK for my car.
I just talked to Just Car and Im now insured with them. The under 25yo excess added on is $600. Damn, two more years to go. Im confident I won't crash this car anyway. Knock on wood.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post