Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
Nah he wont lolz, da inline 6's RUUUUUUUUULE!!!111!!!!11!!!1
Old 13-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf

Fo shiz my nizz.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
PPfftt... boost will beat cubes anyday (provided its done right)

Get a luxury car like the Fairmont, get one with a V8 and get all the luxury stuff the XR8 lacks :P
Luxury stuff hey, my TE has eventhing a fairmont has and more. This could go on for ages, boosted V8 anyone?

IMHO if the original poster can go the 8 do it you wont regret it.
Old 13-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #34
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
This could go on for ages, boosted V8 anyone?
Now were talking.. :dr_Evil:
RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #35
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
FTW MOFO : :

haha, an AU 5L don't scare me, it was proven on YouTube :P :P
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #36
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Erm no you dont. 200/220kw XR8 versus lazy old 175kw grandpa mobile - no contest :
But it's not too hard to crank grandpa up to 220kW+. Plenty of aftermarket heads, cams, intakes & exhausts to choose from, throw in an edit & you can make a Ghia boogie. Stealth FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by te50 056
Thers no replacement for displacement, remember that.
Don't confuse cubic inches with pubic inches LOL!
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #37
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedricks
Hey all,

Was looking to trade in the old EF Fairmont auto for something else as it's slowly dying on me. Stumbled accross a few AU's and they caught my interest. Was looking at the xr6 and xr8 models.

What would the overall recommended model be? I couldn't seem to find any major differences between these two, besides the v6 to v8. I was looking at the $10k-$15k mark.

Also are there any resources around that outline the specifications for each model and series (I think I recall there were 3 series all up)? Had a look around for ages but came up dry, must be searching in all the wrong places.

Cheers
For me personally, the XRs are the pick of the AU bunch. You get incredible bang for your buck no matter what model AU you buy, but the XRs have just the right amount of anything.

If you do alot of commuting, then an auto xr6 would be the go.
If you do more recreational driving then a manual xr8 would be the go (I got a manual XR8 and havent looked back) The XR8 feels more special thanks to the '8 (of course) and the IRS. Even just starting the car up you feel like a race driver, the 6 is a lot more subdued but a great ride nonetheless (adn teh XR6 VCT gets the IRS as well).

If I was after a commuter Id choose an AU2/3 XR6 over the equivalent VX 'S' and over a BA XT/VY exec. 10-15K will get you a tidy XR.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #38
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

I can vouch that the AUII/III XR6 is a refined everyday driver that anyone could live with, but in all honestly the '6 VCT uses almost the same amount of fuel as an XR8 anyway.

Immature I6 drivers/sh|tstirrers aside (we know who they are in case they don't) depends what you're really after.

$10-15k will definitely get you into a fully optioned AUIII XR6 and some pretty decent XR8's too.
Old 13-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #39
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If I was buying again, I'd go a S2-3 XR8 manual, or a V8 Ghia.

Or, if I had a few extra grand to splash, a TS or TE50.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #40
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Luxury stuff hey, my TE has eventhing a fairmont has and more. This could go on for ages, boosted V8 anyone?
Yeah, but you are one of the lucky ones to own a TE... which unless you know what it is, its basically a Fairmont based muscle car, which IMO is the best of all 3... the TL is lovely, but i dont like the styling as much... :
Old 14-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #41
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Yeah, but you are one of the lucky ones to own a TE... which unless you know what it is, its basically a Fairmont based muscle car, which IMO is the best of all 3... the TL is lovely, but i dont like the styling as much... :
Shhhhhhhh, don't go calling a modern vehicle a muscle car around here, you will open a whole new can off worm's again, lol.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #42
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Fairmont based muslce car : thats a new one. Im not lucky mate i CHOOSE to own my car i wasnt lucky to get it and id have another in a heart beat.
You guys can boost your I6's till the cows come home IDGAF, it will NEVER be a V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Shhhhhhhh, don't go calling a modern vehicle a muscle car around here, you will open a whole new can off worm's again, lol.
dont start that : if certain ppl see it then its all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I can vouch that the AUII/III XR6 is a refined everyday driver that anyone could live with, but in all honestly the '6 VCT uses almost the same amount of fuel as an XR8 anyway.

Immature I6 drivers/sh|tstirrers aside (we know who they are in case they don't) depends what you're really after.
I aghree mate my TE uses stuff all more fuel then my old XR6, not that i care about fuel consumption :
Old 14-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #43
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Don't confuse cubic inches with pubic inches LOL!
:
Old 15-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #44
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
:monkes: ;) I'll say no more...