Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #61
mcnamg

well maybe you can set the record straight instead of coming in here and using your first post to have a go at other members who have had bad experiences in the past with this dealer
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycoolchik
Hey all u ppl out there i cant believe that ppl who dont know wat exactly happened to Harrison Ford are mocking and slandering this company. U all need to get a clue and get ur facts right.... Harrison ford is no longer selling fords, but not for the reasons stated in others posts, so until u get the RIGHT FACTS maybe u should do some more research into why instead of listening to idle gossip............ :
Why don't you explain it then instead of talking crap with nothing to back it up.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Word is that they breached their dealer agreement, and Ford shut them down. Might have been a case of possible warranty fraud, which Ford may have taken legal action against to remove the brand from them. This may not be totally accurate but may be close to the mark, Ford don't just remove their branding from a dealer without good reason.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #64
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know about the how, why, when. Do know that Suzuki will be considered up there alongside Honda and Subaru by 2012. The Kizashi will be as good as a Mazda6 and the rest of the range is improving to compete in more segments. They could do worse than Suzuki.

Bit out of the way, but I read today that Linfox/Becton are building a new Auto Sales supercentre at Essendon Airport - with a big PLANES CROSSING sign.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #65
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Word is that they breached their dealer agreement, and Ford shut them down. Might have been a case of possible warranty fraud, which Ford may have taken legal action against to remove the brand from them. This may not be totally accurate but may be close to the mark, Ford don't just remove their branding from a dealer without good reason.
I was under the impression that Ford didn't remove the branding from a dealer for any reason, but good to hear I am wrong on that. Lets call it a start. Only another 50 or so dealers to go.
:evil3:

On a serious note (actually come to think of it the last point was serious), you would think with Ford sales being what they are, that a consolidation of the dealer network would have to be on the cards. I noticed that the big three in the US are aggresively cutting dealers and most interesting in the case of GM, appointing service only dealers. Since the Aust divisions usually end up apeing what HQ does, you would think its on it's way here in the next few years. Could be interesting.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #66
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Hey all u ppl out there i cant believe that ppl who dont know wat exactly happened to Harrison Ford are mocking and slandering this company. U all need to get a clue and get ur facts right.... Harrison ford is no longer selling fords, but not for the reasons stated in others posts, so until u get the RIGHT FACTS maybe u should do some more research into why instead of listening to idle gossip............ :
Please enlighten us then, since you are in the know, and apparantly we need a clue. Otherwise shut up.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #67
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ouch! Not being in the loop at the moment makes it hard to find out for sure.
I think you may be in the ball park.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #68
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know the reason, no idle gossip here. And they deserved to have their dealership taken off them.

Its similar to the reason a certain person had their Mildura dealership taken off them many years ago.
arm79 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #69
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

How about someone just post up why instead of all the hearsay?

It's like a forum based version of Bold and the Beautiful.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #70
xwgasaxe
under new management

Pics of Luckycoolchick's boobs or Ban!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #71
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Harrison Ford had thier franchise stripped from them for Fraud. Aparantly dodgy spare parts and warranty claims. Has been in the courts for the past 18 months since Ford got sick of warning them. High court backed Fords claims and the franchise was terminated immeadiatly!

So anyone whos bought Ford parts of these guys could have been buying cheap chinese crap badged up in Ford packaging. Very sneaky...

Ford took all the stock back, so id say there will be some stuff going through the Ford Auctions and onto other dealers, i dont think id want any cars from their yards they way they kept them.. :
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #72
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

^^^^^^ Thank you.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #73
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Harrison Ford had thier franchise stripped from them for Fraud. Aparantly dodgy spare parts and warranty claims. Has been in the courts for the past 18 months since Ford got sick of warning them. High court backed Fords claims and the franchise was terminated immeadiatly!

So anyone whos bought Ford parts of these guys could have been buying cheap chinese crap badged up in Ford packaging. Very sneaky...

Ford took all the stock back, so id say there will be some stuff going through the Ford Auctions and onto other dealers, i dont think id want any cars from their yards they way they kept them.. :
My understanding there is more to it than that.

Something to do with claiming fleet rebates on almost every car sold using dodgy ABN numbers. Enabled them to make a stack extra profit per car or undercut the more legit dealers by thousands to get a sale.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #74
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Thanks... Bold and the Beautiful is now over.

I actually remember something posted here ages ago about dodgy parts from China and being repackaged as genuine parts. Not sure if it involved these guys.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #75
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79
My understanding there is more to it than that.

Something to do with claiming fleet rebates on almost every car sold using dodgy ABN numbers. Enabled them to make a stack extra profit per car or undercut the more legit dealers by thousands to get a sale.
I think if they were doing this they would lose more then just their Ford Franchise... E.g. The ATO.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #76
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
I think if they were doing this they would lose more then just their Ford Franchise... E.g. The ATO.
I doubt it. I don't think filling out dodgy fleet paperwork would be of interest to the ATO. But it would be to Ford once they realise that not all these cars are going to fleets and they have already paid out dealer rebates.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #77
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

A dealer in WA fell for the same sort of thing.

(Houghton Ford)
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #78
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If they were doing the wrong thing, were warned to get back into line but didn't, then I'm glad they were shut down.

Ford must weed out dealers who do this sort of dodgy stuff, and reward the dealers who have high customer service standards.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #79
windyrainysunny
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
There is a much bigger story behind this.............however Binks Ford are currently building a huge dealership at Deer Park on the Western Highway. They are an FPV dealer there too which Harrisons never were.

Cheers
Gaela

hey ace, 1st time on forum. am very interested in whats being said. i think that chinese whispers really do go from the truth to the very far fetched. i think the only ppl who really know wat happened are the ppl
that wrk there, just my opinion
windyrainysunny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #80
paul_r_d

If the dealership it's self was involved in fraud, wouldnt their entire dealership be under investigation? Eg: the toyota, hyundai and suzuki dealerships? Why would the Ford part just be shut down? If they were involved in fraud wouldnt it be across all the four dealerships? I'd say the whole lot would of gone if it were true. Maybe they just want to sell asian imports now, as this sector is now booming.

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #81
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
If the dealership it's self was involved in fraud, wouldnt their entire dealership be under investigation? Eg: the toyota, hyundai and suzuki dealerships? Why would the Ford part just be shut down? If they were involved in fraud wouldnt it be across all the four dealerships? I'd say the whole lot would of gone if it were true. Maybe they just want to sell asian imports now, as this sector is now booming.
I know some guys who work at another franchise sold through this group and they had suspicions of non genuine parts usage in lieu of genuine. However it's unlikely that a manufacturer would act like this for parts alone. IF the fleet thing is true, that would do it.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #82
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Ford must weed out dealers who do this sort of dodgy stuff, and reward the dealers who have high customer service standards.

GK
I totally agree. Invariably this sort of behavior is by dealers who don't provide support and have a stuff you attitude to not only their suppliers but their customers. This applies to all dealers, not just Ford.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #83
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
Because the Fraud was agasint Ford and their agreement between harrison Ford.
Old 15-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #84
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Let me put an end to some of the speculation here by advising that the dealership franchise agreement was terminated by Ford for multiple breaches of the franchise agreement.

The matters of fact have been dealt with by the courts and at the conclusion of those hearings the termination was actioned with immediate effect.

As identified above, these breaches were fraudulent in nature and it is pleasing to see that this action has been taken to remove a principal with such poor ethical values. Hopefully this will send a warning to any others who engage in similar practices as well as have those who still have pending cases against them worried.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 03:02 AM   #85
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
I'm in Sunbury and found them consistently quite good actually especially warranty issues, and normally can talk to the guys there who know about the cars. Been going there for about 8 years now.
Thats because the dealer in Sunbury are worse. I say good riddens to Harrison
I made the mistake of purchasing 2 new cars from Harrison I got fed up with there bull/s got my next car from Sunbury and they were just as bad. 4th car from werribee now they are much better.
Old 27-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #86
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

damn was bout to race down thier to have a perve at calista flockhart get me some of that anorexic putang hehe.
Old 27-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #87
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

I have had warranty work done there a few times and servicing done there before I started taking it to ACE.

I got an invitation in the mail the other day offering me a $500 fuel card if I get my car serviced there again.

Now that I can't take it to Craig, I am thinking about taking it back to Harrison's.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #88
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahhh...the wonderful world of dealership politics...

its amazing that dealership spare parts departments still try and get away with the old *buy-non-genunine-and-sell-it-as-genuine* trick...

I would have never witnessed this first hand with a dealership buying a whole lotta brake valves and selling them as genuine...nope, never.

Nor, grabbing any part outta the workshop that came off a vehicle and if they scrubbed up alright, selling it as new.

:o

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post