Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Default Brake bolt snapped

Hi all i was tightening my old boys front brakes up on his au 1 tonner when i snapped his bolt for the assembly calipar due to over tighting,
Stupid me,

Does anyone know if ford sell them still and part number bit of a long shot its the small 1 at the bottom

Lucky for me as i got the snapped part out

Cheers Guys anything would be a help as i have to take time of work to fix it as the old boy uses it for work.

Old 19-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
rosefisted

Dude, you should read my post on this very thing... Click here to read about my woes...

In removing the caliper, I also broke a banjo bolt...

I rang Jackson Ford,Devonport and was told they don't stock caliper bolts (caliper guide bolts) for Series1 AU Falcons. I asked what they use if they break one.
"We grab any bolt that fits."

I asked about the banjo bolt.. Was told by the guy (who obviously stands by the product he sells) that they try not to touch them as they break really easily...

Now, you could imagine my panic in trying to find replacement parts, waaaay down here on the convict isle... where everything closes at noon on Saturday, the only thing open on Sunday is Church (and the bottle-o) and on Monday.. you get my point.

Eventually, got in touch with a locksmith in East Devonport (Richardson's)... Took the broken parts in. They checked the broken bolt. Was told it was a high-tensile bolt with a standard metric thread - an easy replacement.
Had a look at the banjo bolt.. It had a standard metric thread, too.. Earl's make just the thing.

Thirty bucks later, I walked out with two banjo bolts and two replacement caliper bolts..

Dude, check a good local hardware shop (not Bunnings or Mitre 10) - They should have a replacement bolt to do the trick...

Good luck, dude...

BTW... Next time, I'm hitting the whole assembly in WD40 and leaving it for a few hours before I even turn a spanner.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Its all sweet just went to my mates house and susd through some parts and found a couple of bolts so its al sweet.
Cheers Craig
Old 20-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
matt9889
new kid

Super cheap have the same bolts couldn't find them anywere else. Colour and head if ur fussy. Don't forget to use loctite
matt9889 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

yeah so all sweet i never forget the locktight just how i was trained ,but saying that and the thread i watched the bolts strectch and can snap easy , lucky for me.