Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Kryton

Default not a ford - 96 A32 Nissan Maxima. maybe you can help?

ok i know its not a ford but im pretty sure we arent the only people that own one.
so if you or someone you know owns one or even if your local wrecker has one (let me know) then maybe you could help us out a little. (since the car yards here dont have one)
what we need is some detailed engine bay pics so we can see what goes where.
the car we have has had the front of the engine bay taken apart before we got it as it was going to be panel beated.
now its been fixed we would like to put it back together.
we have all the parts (we think) so some pics of around the radiator area could help us out.
or if you know someone that has one to wreck (highly doubtful) we need some parts.
so either way if you can help us out we would appreciate it alot.
thanks, Dave.

Last edited by Kryton; 04-06-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IS the owners manual any help? Its got engine illistrations but they might be lacking detail.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
Kryton

we've got a 1500 page service manual but would like some colour pics of the engine bay assembled. exploded diagrams help but just dont cut it.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #4
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Folks have an A32 aswell, I don't know much about it but I'm sure I could grab some pictures of the engine bay if you want, as long as you specify the areas.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #5
Kryton

cool thanks. mainly the front of the engine forward. airbox, wiring looms at the front, front bar assembly and so forth.
ill put some pics up tomorrow of ours so you can see what needs putting back together.
have you driven your parents car? what are they like?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 AM   #6
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My parents used to have one. Went quicker than a Falcon or Commodore 6 of the same year/period, got a 8.2secs 0-100 with half tank of gas and two people in the car after one run. Does good one wheel burnouts too, so it should :sm_headba And the engine will be better than any 6cyl seen in local products, but it will drink more than a VT or AU. Pulls real hard to redline and sounds quite good for a V6.
But anyone wanting one of these will not give a **** about handling. fwd+V6+family sedan, ya know the result.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #7
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
have you driven your parents car? what are they like?
Haven't driven it properly, but the thing scares me. You don't even need to touch the accelerator to get in and out of the driveway. The braking and acceleration is better than any car I've driven (R31 Skyline, U12 Pintara). Would love to give it a proper drive and see how it goes down the strip. I'll be keeping to my Ti Pintara until I get my proper car (Praying for an EL or AU).
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #8
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate used to get around in his mums maxima. Awesome car - the adjustable shocks made it handle decently too. Kept up with AU-steves car (pre turbo - zorst, intake mods, better driver).

It was mad for cruising (even if it looked pretty gay) - leather, electrics everywhere, sunroof.

I reackon maxima's are one of the most underrated cars going round. I once saw a pair of commo's draging (VS vs. VN - both modded) when this maxima comes from two cars behind to beat them both up a hill. It was really, really funny, as you could imagine...
(this was a newer model - not the current one though)

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #9
Kryton

heres some pics.

Last edited by Kryton; 12-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #10
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
I reackon maxima's are one of the most underrated cars going round. I once saw a pair of commo's draging (VS vs. VN - both modded) when this maxima comes from two cars behind to beat them both up a hill. It was really, really funny, as you could imagine...
(this was a newer model - not the current one though)

-Stu
Yeah i agree with you 100%. They are an awesome car, my dad has an 02 model and it goes really well. It would absolutely kill my brothers auto ef not sure about my manual XR6, but yeah they definantly have some balls and delivers the power really smoothely too i learnt to dirve in it and used to love putting the pedal flat against the floor whenever i had the chance
:1syellow1. The factory splits in the front are also the best factory speakers i have heard, much better than what they put in falcons end espicially commodores (worst sounding factory speakers ever!)
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post