Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Default Ideas needed

I'm after some ideas to mount my new supercar front to the AU, as it has no mounting brackets on it. Pics can be found in the AU workshop biulds section or click the link (see here) in my signature.

Cheers Mark

ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
I'm after some ideas to mount my new supercar front to the AU, as it has no mounting brackets on it.
It looks as though it needs the standard mounting brackets (riveted on to the top rear "corner").
I got a pair from Ford a little while ago. Cost around $15 for the pair.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Wonder how hard it would be to do something like the V8 supercars themselves do with the hex bolts they attach their bars to a chassis-mounted bracket.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
Wonder how hard it would be to do something like the V8 supercars themselves do with the hex bolts they attach their bars to a chassis-mounted bracket.
Thats what i was thinking of doing. One long bolt in each side and two into the front crossmember but it would need more than that to hold it firmly in place.
Old 18-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
It looks as though it needs the standard mounting brackets (riveted on to the top rear "corner").
I got a pair from Ford a little while ago. Cost around $15 for the pair.

do they have those rivets aswell? I looked in bunnings to find something similar but no luck
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
do they have those rivets aswell? I looked in bunnings to find something similar but no luck
I was going to see if i could get them through a ford dealer
Old 18-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
I was going to see if i could get them through a ford dealer
Yes, Ford have the rivets. I think they are about $2.50ea.

I've had my Brumby bar on and off a few times (when we get offered another vehicle for our trips away I always put the stock bar and 16" rims back on for the other person).

I bought another pair of mounting brackets the second time we swapped vehicles and found suitable rivets at Bunnings (although I used a washer under the head of the rivet to increase the surface area).
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:

I've had my Brumby bar on and off a few times (when we get offered another vehicle for our trips away I always put the stock bar and 16" rims back on for the other person).

I bought another pair of mounting brackets the second time we swapped vehicles and found suitable rivets at Bunnings (although I used a washer under the head of the rivet to increase the surface area).
Thanks for that ronwest the idea i have now is to use the spare rear bumper backets i have.
Old 19-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:

I rand "City Ford" today they said the rivets are not in the parts list, only the brackets?

Ill probally end up doing the rivet thing :
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post