Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
paddle

Thumbs down AU fuel regulator

Could someone please explain to me how I go about replacing the fuel regulator on my 98 AU1?
car was using excessive fuel and after replacing injectors,maf sensor,oxygen sensor,plugs,leads,fuel filter,the list goes on it still wasn't right,my mechanic said that he suspected the fuel reg and he tried to clean in but it was real bad,he did the best he could I guess but I have now just ordered a new one from autobarn for $125,Fraud wanted $160,my mech said it "was only a $30 part" yeah right!
anyway I need to know how do I fit it.
thanks again guys always helpful

paddle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you remover the fuel pump relay and try to start the car this depressurises the system. then the reg (at the reat of the fuel rail) is removed by removing the large retaining circlip there is one vacum line to be removed too. pull old one out and replace the reg and circlip
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
paddle

any idea where the bolt is that needs undoing to get the circlip off so i can remove the old regulator??
Fraud say there is a bolt..hmmm
Old 15-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
paddle

is anyone in the cranbourne area that can possibly giveme ahand at hetting the regulator off the fuel rail. Its confusing me!
Ive got about $20 and some beers. Number is 0431924415

Richard
Old 15-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the manual here and there is no bolt just depressurise the system remove circlip and remove reg using a twisting action
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
paddle

ok all out,had to get another injector rail as mine actually looked like it was leaking up near the reg,gave up on the shitty clamps and chopped the hose so have no car till wednesday now as i cant even afford the f***n hose now! anyone got a spare metre or 2 and can drop to cranny and a few clamps,really scraping the bottom of the barrell boys! help!!!!!
Old 17-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
paddle

Smile

ALL DONE!! car now goes awesome and best thing is i did it all myself,im happy as a pig in shite