Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
xf_vanner

Default vs statesman vs telstar

Hey peoples went cruizen on saturday night with a mate that owns a 93 (i think) ford telstar 5 spd stock standard gl model. A mate of his owns a 95 vs statesman with the 5 litre and exhaust now who do u think would win a drag the v8 right? thats what i thought cause i didnt even know it was a v8 thought it was a v6 thats how slow it was anyway the 2 litre gave the 5 litre a run for its money im very surprised the telstar out handles the stato and get this they have the same size rotors wtf???
Old 22-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Wow real time backseat handling checks from not only your mates vehicle but from other vehicles nearby! You should donate your Backside to science or loan it out to development groups!

"Show n Shine" is that way -------------------->
Old 22-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea3
Hey peoples went cruizen on saturday night with a mate that owns a 93 (i think) ford telstar 5 spd stock standard gl model. A mate of his owns a 95 vs statesman with the 5 litre and exhaust now who do u think would win a drag the v8 right? thats what i thought cause i didnt even know it was a v8 thought it was a v6 thats how slow it was anyway the 2 litre gave the 5 litre a run for its money im very surprised the telstar out handles the stato and get this they have the same size rotors wtf???
Wow! That must have been exciting for you. Im glad you shared that with us. Now we can share your excitement too. Yippee! :gren:
Old 22-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Got to agree on the statesman, my wife has one and while its a lot more comfortable to drive then my wagon, its a slug of a car around town.
Old 22-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome, drag racing on the street. That's cool.
Old 22-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Where's that thread about the EL beating the BA GT?
Old 22-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
xf_vanner

I'm against drag racing on the streets only went cause they said we'd go cruisen just surprised how shit the 5 litre goes and the brakes are the same. Of course i was excited a ford (mazda) 4 beat a holden v8 both pretty much stock.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #8
zoomzoom

may be the guy in the Stato cant drive you wouldnt think a a milk bottle would beat a 5 litre
Old 22-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Congratulations.

Though in future, keep it to yourself, street racing isn't cool.

Oo\===/oO
Old 22-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #10
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

street racing is bad
Closed Thread