Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-05-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question New XR8 Prices

I am looking at buying a new or used BA MkII XR8 as soon as I am in a position to which will probs be in a few months....

Just wondering what BA XR8 owners paid for the car when purchased new or used -- if you dont mind me asking....

when buying new did any one get a good deal from the dealer. Also what are the pros and cons of buying new I know that as soon as you drive your new car out of the yard you can loose heaps on the value.

Opinions and experiance welcome, look forward to replies

cheers
Old 19-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
XRQTOR
Banned

It's cheaper to buy a new car. Best intrest rate for a used car i could get was about 12%, bought a new car and am paying 6.8% fixed. Nrma offer new for old replacment if your the first registered owner of the car. Crash it or lose it with in two years of owning it and you'll get a brand spanker.

I got a fantastic deal from Peter Warren Smithfield, Dean's the man to speak with.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

You get new ones for about $44,000 atm drive away . 04 Mark 1s, butif your buying an Auto they are no different!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

There is one for sale atm:- a few actualy all around this money

11/04
Make FORD BA Mk II XR8, Sedan
Description
SILHOUETTE, MANUAL, 5.4 ltr, 8 cyl, Petrol, Multi-Point Injected
Odometer 17,195 kms.
Registered Until 17/11/2005
Extras
LEATHER, BEIGE, Aircond., Airbag Dual, P/Steer, P/Wind, ABS, IRS, Cru. Cont, Cent.Lock, CD Player, Leather Trim, Radio, Traction Control, Tow Bar, Alloy Wheels
Price $38,800 (GST inc.)

http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Au...g?id=402003029

Trim isnt perforated and is charcoal not beige but you get the gist

OnLine Ford Quote is for something similar is around $54 000.

THats $15200 worth of interest you'd want to be saving... At a saving of 6% i dont think so.
6.8% on 54k = $57670
12% on 39k = $46800

I not knocking buying new, but to say it is cheaper isn't right.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft

THats $15200 worth of interest you'd want to be saving... At a saving of 6% i dont think so.
6.8% on 54k = $57670
12% on 39k = $46800

Im not knocking buying new, but to say it is cheaper isn't right.
Over 4 years the second hand car will cost $52,1oo. A new car will cost $59,343. Brings the gap back quite a bit, although not cheaper (not the best choice of words) it will be much easier to gain finace on a new car. All problems will be under warrenty on the new car where the old one you'll need to fork out the $$$ yourself.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys i'll keep it in mind might go and have alook today I live in perth so i think prices might tend to be dearer...
Old 20-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftr_el
thanks guys i'll keep it in mind might go and have alook today I live in perth so i think prices might tend to be dearer...
mate you have got to be carefull .as i have been down this road . if your after a pride and joy car to look after you should buy new. a few months ago i was looking for a 2nd hand xr8 1 to 2 years old . couldn't find a good one . think about it why would someone sell a 1 yr old car. answer: lemon , thrashed ,crashed, rich.,company car, not liked , can,t afford to keep it , all of these answers bar the last one means the car hasn't been cared for or there is something wrong. a 6cyl xt is a differant story as people dont buy these cars for performance.
your not gonna save much on a mk1 so why not go mk11, 2ndly a new xr8 upspecked, ie premium sound leather seats alarm becomes closer to a gt, as the gt has all these standard plus brakes ( good std seats) so a gt will not drop in value as much or as quick as an xr8. that is why i myself borrowed the xtra and bougt a gt the weekly payments are probably only 20- 30 p/wk more. not saying you cant buy a good second hand one but think about it.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good point what sort of discounts of retail price did you get on the GT. What can I expect.
Old 20-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

What state are you in, try Strapp Ford in Vic or the Ratt in NSW both will give you a number deal...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post