Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default Doing Laps

Lately in brisbane iv been attending uni late at night only on the walk back to the train station to find people constantly doing laps. Every set of lights I come up to its the same honda or subaru just doing laps around the block. This is on a wednesday/thursday night so I can't understand why they are doing it at like 9-11pm at night. You also get the old hilux with chrome lights, huge chrome bumper, lowered 1mm from the ground and the chrome wheels.. stero of course.

I can't understand why its happening, im guessing they want to race someone but there is nobody on the streets. The worst iv had so far was a subaru that would go up to the lights to turn, when the green arrow went for people to walk across the road his front bumper was pratically 1mm away from people walking, he was reving it up big time to get some attention then in the smallest gap he would just dump the clutch and rev of up the street blow off valve and all.

Now I find these are mostly japenese drivers most of the aussies are in the hilux's.. why people like those cars i don't know.

Anyone know what the go is with these people? Maybe they should get a taxi sign for their roof an earn some cash while doing it.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah happens in canberra to. I think in canberra they have wednesday or thursdays maybe friday off (im not quite sure what day it is) at uni, so they go and party in town. The problem is though someone will want to race them and then they be all sofft. I think they do it cause they just want to show off their cars plus the chicks are hot. Not uncommon in canberra. Just attention seekers who often get cops on their ***. All theyre doin is wasting petrol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Get some of your homies together and pretend to cross the street in front of them and then carjack them.

That'll learn em! :
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Warnimbool (spelling?) is a great place for lapers, they are so bad you have to cross at the lights as the constant stream stops you cutting across the road

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Get some of your homies together and pretend to cross the street in front of them and then carjack them.

That'll learn em! :
lol, or 4 of you do a full car "pressed ham" on their windows!!! :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #6
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

It seems to be getting preety common, I feel like tapping on the window and asking for a ride to the train station. Why not? They are going past it at least 50 times tonight anyway!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #7
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Warnimbool (spelling?) is a great place for lapers, they are so bad you have to cross at the lights as the constant stream stops you cutting across the road
yeah i was gonna say to come to warrnambool if you wanna see lappin at its best.
and you do need to use the crossing lights if you want to walk across the road.
if your trying to turn into the main street from one of the billion roundabouts here, it can take anywhere up to 10 minutes on a good night.
usually just knobheads trying to parade their wannabe cars. some drag sometimes but lately there hasnt been much.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #8
big_pete
Sublime

i think you'll find lappers everywhere.
its worse in wagga, because the cars are generally crappy datsuns or carrollas of P platers with no clue.

i remember doing a lap of wagga's main street in my brother 61 Fairlane & we got Flashed by some ugly random chick.............thats the sort of people you find doing laps
Old 20-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its alright to go for a cruise to check out the chicks. You round em up then pull over somewhere. But these dudes that do laps are like car fulls of dudes that really dont seem to have much interest in chicks cause all they do is the same thing over and over again.

Worst are WRXs, skylines, and VLs. Every man and his dog have got them so i dont think many people pay to much attention to them. When a porsche, supra, 300ZXs, MR2s and some NSXs cruise by they usually get interest as most people dont see them on a common basis everyday.

You find that most of these WRXs, skylines and VLs all look the same so its not that interesting. Same wheels, same bodykits, same type of exhaust. Of course this is just by my experience.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkau
It seems to be getting preety common, I feel like tapping on the window and asking for a ride to the train station. Why not? They are going past it at least 50 times tonight anyway!
Yea, but they'd have to drive you around it at least ten times... :P

Quote:
Its alright to go for a cruise to check out the chicks. You round em up then pull over somewhere.
Why not go to a nightclub or pub? You could actually meet them then, and they're more likely to want to talk to you!

Quote:
its worse in wagga, because the cars are generally crappy datsuns or carrollas of P platers with no clue.
lmao, I once went for a cruise with two Datsuns (both on 2nd/3rd year provisionals), and I've never seen a car get sideways so much! They're like budget mini-rockets! :evil_laug:

I'm no expert, but I think it has something to do with self-confidence. I think they feel inadequate if they don't show their financial success/driving ability/originality by doing laps and showing off.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post