Default some nice exotics

this is not dialup friendly at all. some nice cars here...even a nice mustang

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=260033
Old 16-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

that is unbelieveable!!!

A 1-Series with a V8! Holy crap that would be a handful. And how good do those Cayanees (sp?) look with a kit!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Not wrong about dial up unfriendly! *hugs her dsl*

They just don't do it for me though... nothing beats old muscle imo :P
Old 16-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
Simmo
White Lightning

yer i thought way too many porsches. i hate those things. but the other gear is nice. the v8 1series looks sweet. and how mad does the lambo with the pinstriping look.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #5
Kryton

some very nice cars!
just think if you cashed in ALL those cars you could buy Australia. then again the cars would hold their value better me thinks.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pfft, my commodore, mate, it'd be faster than most of those cars....except the lambo, cos like it's got gull wing doors, so it's arodynamic...

maybe i'm just a little jelous. I think it's crazy when people work their GT's and clubbies, then i see pics of worked porches and lambo's....****ing crazy!
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #7
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Great pics of some nice cars. Bet they would have some fun in the wet........

:Up_to_som :evilsasmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #8
prabbit

Default funny!

ROTFLMAO - your commodore??

As for crazy working GT's etc. do you think FP's and T50's really need go faster bits? have a look at the Minginator!

Those Porche's, Audi's and Lambo's are works of mechanical art, bloody beautiful!

Regards Prof. Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
pfft, my commodore, mate, it'd be faster than most of those cars....except the lambo, cos like it's got gull wing doors, so it's arodynamic...

maybe i'm just a little jelous. I think it's crazy when people work their GT's and clubbies, then i see pics of worked porches and lambo's....****ing crazy!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 01:46 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im am for one lucking enough to be able to see a beautiful example of automotive art on frequent basis. Every time I see this Porsche 911 GT3 of my boss' mates im just about to die with envy. So nice. 0-100 in 4.5sec and top speed of 306km/h all from a 3.6l engine with 280kw and did i mention there is no turbos. And modifying these babies kicks ***. Theres is no such thing as too much speed lol.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 01:47 AM   #10
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

ROFL @ v8 in 1 series!!!

:sm_drool::sm_drool::sm_drool:@the rest PWOR my GAWD!!!
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 02:14 AM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

You know it's special when you've only ever seen 3 or 4 of those cars.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 02:17 AM   #12
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

i wish i had enough dough to put ferrari enzo mags on my ferrari 360....!!(did anyone else notice?)
goddammit i wanna be rich!

{tx3dude takes number and gets in line}
Old 17-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im with you ford girl nice cars but i rather have my henry
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 02:25 AM   #14
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

i have had the pleasure of going for a ride in a 2003 porsche 996 turbo complete with GT2 engine and brakes around wakefield park.... id give the right side of my manhood to own that car, but i doubt anyone would take it. Seriously, there arnt too many fords that could go around the track as quick and still be driven home from the track

fyi the 996 turbo was a 4wd with a gt2 engine which is(from memory 550 BHP)a twin turbo flat six,
gt2 brakes are ceramic and could stop a freight train with little effort and wakefield park is ****ing freezing in winter!

Last edited by Ghiadude; 17-05-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Old 17-05-2005, 02:52 AM   #15
XRated
Shoot.

Ohhh how can anyone not like a Porsche I don't know.. But damn, imagine having the money for those weapons!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 09:21 AM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
Seriously, there arnt too many fords that could go around the track as quick and still be driven home from the track
Dude i doubt there is ANY fords that would go quicker around the track other than a V8 supercar and even then it would be close. And if your behind a porsche let me just say you will quickly dissapear in its rear vision mirror lol.

You want a car as close to a race car as possible you get a GT3. GT2 is faster but also has turbos. GT3 is NA so you can imagine that thing turboed. Im trying to convince my boss' mate to TT the porsche GT3 but hes looking at buying a Ferrari.

Id personally be happy with a Boxter. Believe me those things fang for what they are. A bit slower taking off but once they are goin, they fly.
Old 17-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #17
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Dude i doubt there is ANY fords that would go quicker around the track other than a V8 supercar and even then it would be close. And if your behind a porsche let me just say you will quickly dissapear in its rear vision mirror lol.
I'm sure a Ford GT would take care of them all..

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #18
pb02
inconceivable!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY

You want a car as close to a race car as possible you get a GT3. GT2 is faster but also has turbos. GT3 is NA so you can imagine that thing turboed. Im trying to convince my boss' mate to TT the porsche GT3 but hes looking at buying a Ferrari.

Id personally be happy with a Boxter. Believe me those things fang for what they are. A bit slower taking off but once they are goin, they fly.

I agree! After being on a track with a few exotics you really come to appreciate just how good they really are!!!! :eclipsee_

To get an idea of how good the Porsche GT3 is just look at the carrera cup series. These are standard road going porsches with the interior stripped out the you can walk into a dealership and drive away in (clubman spec) and they are only a few seconds off the V8 supercar times!
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
I agree! After being on a track with a few exotics you really come to appreciate just how good they really are!!!! :eclipsee_

To get an idea of how good the Porsche GT3 is just look at the carrera cup series. These are standard road going porsches with the interior stripped out the you can walk into a dealership and drive away in (clubman spec) and they are only a few seconds off the V8 supercar times!
Exactly. I love those races. People might mod muscle but modded exotic will rip it to shreds (If you have lots of money). Hopefully one day ill be lucky enough to own a Porsche though i doubt it would be a GT3. I got over taken by a bunch of heavily modified muscles one time and then an OLD porsche came flying past me and them. See you later is what he would of been saying.

It goes without saying that muscle are still great cars but are more common therfore being less unique.

GT3 0-100 is 4.5 and a V8 supercar is like 4 secs. A GT2 is 4.2. And these cars have a lot less power than some of these muscles.
Old 17-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #20
paul7v7
bring it on

I know the Ford GT kills the GT3 and the 360 around the track and every where else.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

while the porsches are a great car, excelling everywhere, they just look dead boring to me. Carerra GT excepted though

Last edited by paul7v7; 17-05-2005 at 06:48 PM.
paul7v7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #21
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The GT is a supercharged V8. GT3 is a boxer 6.
Old 17-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #22
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02

Fantastic pics. Those cars are great. A guy at work owns a late 90's model 911 carrera. Took me for a drive. It was amasing just how fast these things are. So low to the ground, and they handle as if they are on rails. These are definatley machines built for performance on all levels.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #23
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Fantastic pics. Those cars are great. A guy at work owns a late 90's model 911 carrera. Took me for a drive. It was amasing just how fast these things are. So low to the ground, and they handle as if they are on rails. These are definatley machines built for performance on all levels.
Yep even the old porsches are just as nice. They can still out perform more modern cars with less power. Undoubtlbly one of the best handling marques in production. Im still dying to go for a drive in the GT3. I will ask next time if i remember. Been in an M5 and they are pretty gun aswell.