Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
Cront
Starter Motor

Default HPC for extractors

I've been looking at getting a set of 4495 Pacemaker headers which look like they'll run me about $500. I've been quoted HPC as an extra $280 which to me seems like it could be much better spent elsewhere as the extractors already come with a default HPC direct from Pacemaker. Is it really worth $280?

Cront is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

IMO, yes.

They will keep the heat down in the engine bay, and by being cooler it will give an extra kw or two. Plus it looks so much better and will extend the life of the extractors.

Just remember, once they are on the car it is more difficult to get the HPC coating then....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

It keeps them looking like new............LOL

If you're gonna get it, do it when the units are new as the HPC coating is guaranteed for longer when the headers are new and haven't been used.

Applying the coating at a later stage doesn't always work so well and has been known to peel or dull.

In saying that, we've had a set done years ago. Still look great, definitely dissipates heat better. You can lightly touch the headers a lot sooner than without the coating so something in the composition is doing its job.

Performance wise.......who knows ??
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

$280 well spent!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cront
I've been looking at getting a set of 4495 Pacemaker headers which look like they'll run me about $500. I've been quoted HPC as an extra $280 which to me seems like it could be much better spent elsewhere as the extractors already come with a default HPC direct from Pacemaker. Is it really worth $280?
The 4495's are the duck's guts but I wouldnt even consider getting them without HPC Ceramic Coating.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
MattyJ

Yeah i've got 4495 HPC's and they're mint, spend the extra $280 dude.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 AM   #7
sexr6tasy
Banned

It depends alot on what you want if your looking to do your car up then yeah $280 bucks is crap all but if your just getting em for the power increase and better economy and never look at your engine bay then just get em without it.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Money well spent for sure. I have my set of pipes and system being done right now and its alot more than $280 so I would go for it.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
ATMO SIX
BAtmo-bile

Oooooh and it looks so good!

I originally had my headers fitted without getting them coated, and kicked myself for 1.5 years before I had a chance to get them coated.

Do it......do it!

GO: Pacemaker 4495 Comp headers - ceramic coated, 3" Magnaflow Metal Cat, 2.5" Redback with twin tips, factory 3.45 LSD, Green Filter, F6 twin CAI, grill air deflector, Tridon High-flow thermostat, DBA slotted rotors, Underdrives, B&M Trans Cooler, Custom tune by Heinrich Performance & Tuning
SHOW: FPV alloy pedals, XR mats, XR scuff plates
RWKW's: Original - 135, Now - 179.4
ECONOMY: 10.7L/100Km

...and now...***FOR SALE***

http://www.bseries.com.au/atmo_six
ATMO SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
WiggyMK2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
Oooooh and it looks so good!

I originally had my headers fitted without getting them coated, and kicked myself for 1.5 years before I had a chance to get them coated.

Do it......do it!

ATMO SIX,

Where abouts in SA did you get your headers coated? Will it make much difference that mine are used? Ive got a second hand set and was thinking of just painting them, bit this is another option..
WiggyMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
ATMO SIX
BAtmo-bile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyMK2
ATMO SIX,

Where abouts in SA did you get your headers coated? Will it make much difference that mine are used? Ive got a second hand set and was thinking of just painting them, bit this is another option..
Got mine done at Ceramic Coat Australia in Richmond. Mine were 1.5 years old when they were done, so yours should not be an issue, unless they are rusted deep in spots.

GO: Pacemaker 4495 Comp headers - ceramic coated, 3" Magnaflow Metal Cat, 2.5" Redback with twin tips, factory 3.45 LSD, Green Filter, F6 twin CAI, grill air deflector, Tridon High-flow thermostat, DBA slotted rotors, Underdrives, B&M Trans Cooler, Custom tune by Heinrich Performance & Tuning
SHOW: FPV alloy pedals, XR mats, XR scuff plates
RWKW's: Original - 135, Now - 179.4
ECONOMY: 10.7L/100Km

...and now...***FOR SALE***

http://www.bseries.com.au/atmo_six
ATMO SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post