Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 17-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Trouble with PM's

Hi,

Received 3 emails today saying that I'd received PM's from 1 particular member - funnily enough though, all of them have the exact same time on them (to the second).

Logged on and went to my PM box and up the top it says 1 message unread, however I don't have any new messages below!

Anyone know what has happenned?

Thanks,

Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I am getting the same when it comes to just thread update alerts as well ... I presume it's a glitch at the moment while there is server work going on.

Nothing really to be alarmed about ... well ... it's not bothering me too much.

I guess if you see the timestamp as identical for all three ... I guess you could safely say they are duplicate alerts.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 02:04 AM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Start with cleaning out the Cache in your Internet browser, if that don't work wait another 36 hours the site is under going some maintenance this will take some time.
Watch this thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=100448

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Hi,

Received 3 emails today saying that I'd received PM's from 1 particular member - funnily enough though, all of them have the exact same time on them (to the second).

Logged on and went to my PM box and up the top it says 1 message unread, however I don't have any new messages below!

Anyone know what has happenned?

Thanks,

Justin.
exact same problem here... will try the recommended fixes
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Its because the server load has increased I dare say because of the re indexing of the search engine, it will happen over time to time until its finished, should be right come Monday
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Thanks guys, obviously all is good now, well almost!

I still have my PM box saying 1 message unread, but when I go to my PM box, there are no unread messages. I have tried clearing my cached info as mentioned.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I still have my PM box saying 1 message unread, but when I go to my PM box, there are no unread messages. I have tried clearing my cached info as mentioned.
same problem here... tried the fixes to no avail
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

If you have some PM's in your box that say unread and there not there when you go to read them it means you already have read the PM.
Now the only way I know of to get rid of them is for me to clean out your PM box, i had the same done to mine once.
You loose everything in your box if you request this to be done...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post