Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Default Attn Perth Members

Work is sending me over to Perth & as I've never been there I'm looking at some hints as to what is there to do over there? I'm only over there for a couple of days & during the week days I'll be working but I'm also over there on the weekend. Where is a good place to go out or a good place to have a decent feed? I think i'll be in Perth itself & wont have a car so need to know of places in or around the city.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kristy.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

When?

I'm sure some of the Club guys and gals could at least help keep you entertained on the weekend.

Saturday 10th -All Ford Cruise.
(always good fun and around 500 cars show up)
Saturday 17th - We have a mini Show 'n Shine in Mandurah.
Sunday 18th - Whiteman Park Classic Car Show.

As for stuff to keep you busy during the week... it will depend on where they shack you up.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
XR6Gal

I'll be getting in on the 7th & leaving on the 11th March.

The office that i'll be at is in Osborne Park so I guess I'll be somewhere close to there.

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 01-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

XR6Gal - seems like Perth is the place for workers to be sent at present. I am being sent over there for 6 weeks (coming home on weekends) but will stay there for the V8's at Barbagello though.........

All up there is about 10 of us going over for work and first three weeks staying in East Perth as our preferred hotel in Fremantle is booked out during March then returning there (Fremantle) for the 'April' stint...

Frequent Flyer Points look out as after Perth is finished Brisbane is our next target (and coincidently ties in with the V8's at Willowbank), Gotta love being able to pick where you want to go cause guess what will be in sydney for Bathurst weekend as well !!!!!!

Just got to fill in the weeknights now
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
honer
Back to N/A land

Catch a ferry across the river and eat at the Windsor Hotel (heh) They do pretty good food. Perth Zoo is right across the road from that if wanna look at animals. Or there is a pizza joint at the back of the Windor that is awesome, can grab a pizza and kick back on the grass and watch the city lights and stuff.

Plenty of stuff to do if you know what you want !
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #6
gregg_13
2016 PX2 Ranger XLT

All depends what do you like to eat or do when your at home. what time do you have to see things, I mean its all good makin suggestions but if you only have an hour or so here and there its no good saying go to rotto
gregg_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #7
XR6Gal

Ive got Saturday & most of Sunday to do whatever I want

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
Skooter

Go to rottnest for a day trip I think its about $50 return takes about 30 min to get there from freo, if you want the best looking beaches in perth (its straight out of the travel magazine over there). Theres also a few cafes etc over there for lunch.
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter
Go to rottnest for a day trip I think its about $50 return takes about 30 min to get there from freo, if you want the best looking beaches in perth (its straight out of the travel magazine over there). Theres also a few cafes etc over there for lunch.
I would agree with that, a trip on one of the ferry's to Rottnest is great, you can do a small submarine tour over there, there's also a nudey beach!

The aquarium and Atlantis isnt bad if it's still open, and around the dock area at Freo is good too, they have museums and displays of ship building sheds. Last time I was there they were building Greg Normans giant cruiser/ship
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
XR6Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I would agree with that, a trip on one of the ferry's to Rottnest is great, you can do a small submarine tour over there, there's also a nudey beach!
Trust you to know about the nudey beach! hahahaha...

Thanks everyone for your help so far, tis much appreciated

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 01-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Trust you to know about the nudey beach! hahahaha...

Thanks everyone for your help so far, tis much appreciated
Not my fault, the bus driver pointed it out on the island tour, although I did get a sore neck afterwards..lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Work is sending me over to Perth & as I've never been there I'm looking at some hints as to what is there to do over there? I'm only over there for a couple of days & during the week days I'll be working but I'm also over there on the weekend. Where is a good place to go out or a good place to have a decent feed? I think i'll be in Perth itself & wont have a car so need to know of places in or around the city.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kristy.
Hi Kristy,

If you want to see some of Perth and join us on the All Ford Cruise, Find someone to tag along with, you can join me if ya want..The Focus will be all but empty
Old 01-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #13
satria
FOXWHO

Nah rottnest is boring, don't go there. There is nothing to do but hire bikes and look at quokkas (which you can't kick)....wow

Go to Cottesloe beach on sunday and then in the arvo you just walk up to 'The Cot' which is on the beach and have a few drinks in the beer garden/pub/club. Always a good time.
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #14
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Cotttesloe beach is good, so is Freo in the weekend. Otherwise do a wine tour around the Swan Valley, and a meal at one of the restaurants...there's also the Margaret River Chocolate Factory around middle Swan, and you get free choccie nipples......dunno why they call it that, but mmmmmm, tasty.... :-)
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #15
XR6Gal

Thanks everyone, looks like I'm going on the all ford cruise, should be fun

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

A good place to go in Perth?

Adelaide.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #17
XR6Gal

I'm in Adelaide the following week hahahah

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #18
XR6Gal

Well I'm back from Perth & its a lovely city. A few things for anyone who goes there though... I had to wait for between 1 & 2 hours in the morning for a taxi (and yes I did book it) which gets a little annoying. And public transport in the city itself is free! I found this out after I walked for 4 hours, hehehe... but it was worth it, a must is to go to Kings Park. I also went to Fremantle & to Cottesloe Beach where I watched the sunset while eating fish & chips which was beautiful.

Just a HUGE THANK YOU to Bucket (Chris) he showed me around and made me feel welcome! So thanks heaps!

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #19
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Yep Freo is the go. Perth city is dull, lifeless and an area that WA locals tend to avoid. The city is not what Perth is about. Beaches, the hills and the south-west and north-west. Unfortunately though the WA Tourism mob is totally useless so tourists generally end up going to the wrong places rather than the right places. I mean like they promote the Pinnacles, a trip there is an almost dead certain way to ensure tourists will never want to come back to Perth.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #20
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Well I'm back from Perth & its a lovely city. A few things for anyone who goes there though... I had to wait for between 1 & 2 hours in the morning for a taxi (and yes I did book it) which gets a little annoying. And public transport in the city itself is free! I found this out after I walked for 4 hours, hehehe... but it was worth it, a must is to go to Kings Park. I also went to Fremantle & to Cottesloe Beach where I watched the sunset while eating fish & chips which was beautiful.

Just a HUGE THANK YOU to Bucket (Chris) he showed me around and made me feel welcome! So thanks heaps!

EEhhhhh! No Worries Kristy! Hope you enjoyed yourself! It was fun getting out and playing tourist or erm.. Tourist Guide (?)