Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Enjo_Fairlane
Starter Motor

Default NA Fairlane Trunk

G'day guys -
I have an NA Fairlane and my problem is this: There is a small bracket on the end of the barrel that un-locks the trunk, by pulling a wire piece that pulls the lock open. The bracket was made of die cast and it snapped in half! Ford wants me to buy the entire lock assembly for $45 and I don't really feel like paying that!

So my question is where can I get a bracket?

Catchas later!

Patrick

Enjo_Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Enjo_Fairlane
Starter Motor

Oh and Also, The backlight on the trip computer isn't working? any help?
Enjo_Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Have a look around the wreckers and you should be able to find one cheaper. As for your backlight, the globe is a probably blown. Its a bugger to get out. you need to unscrew the screw above the trip computer in that cavity, remove the trim around the cluster and get to the other screws that hold the trip computer in place.
-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Lane
Its a bugger to get out. you need to unscrew the screw above the trip computer in that cavity, remove the trim around the cluster and get to the other screws that hold the trip computer in place.
thats not hard to take out,

theres 3 screws along the top of the cluster facia and 2 screws underneth (you have to take out those 2 little pieces that the lock, boot and fuel release buttons are on.

then there will be a screw holding the the other half of the facia on which is next to the a/c, there is also a screw in that pointless triangle shaped section. this facia will not come off, disconnect the rear demist button and the blank, also disconnect the trip computer.

now on the back of the trip computer you will see a bulb holder, twist and pull this out, get a new globe and wa la! if you like you can put any coloured globe you like in here and the trip computer will light up whatever colour you choose. for instance all my dash lights are blue.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Unfortunately you can't buy just the bracket, it comes as a complete lock assembly as its actually part of the lock barrel. Although if you go to a wrecker you can probably find another one, and try and dismantle it and transfer the old barrel into the new barrel housing, its a bit fiddly, but it can be done.

To change the globe, you have to remove the radio surround to get to the 4 screws holding the trip computer panel in place. Then you remove the 2 switch panels either side of the steering column, that allows you to undo the 2 screws that hold the bottom of the cluster surround in. Undo the 3 screws at the top of the cluster, remove the panel. Left and to the top of the climate control unit is another screw and inside the little storage compartment aswell. Once undone you can pull out the panel and on the back of the trip computer is the little twist plug that holds the globe. They are a little wedge globe, the ford part # is ELB501.

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post