Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
pigsy
Starter Motor

Default Is Ford going to drop the XR5?

Received the Ford Motion magazine in the mail today. A quick browse through it reveals not one mention of the XR5. The article on the WRC event in Perth doesn't even align the WRC Focus with the XR5. Even the Focus ads show the CL model. For a car that many of us consider a bit of a cult car, Ford's ignoring of it seems a bit ominous.

pigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

They don't need to promote the XR5 at all, there's a worldwide shortage - spending more money on promoting the XR5 would result in more demand that can't be supplied. Ford can't afford too many dissatisfied customers...it just needs to saturate the market with the non-XR Focus range.

The XR5 will be around for a while yet...
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
They don't need to promote the XR5 at all, there's a worldwide shortage - spending more money on promoting the XR5 would result in more demand that can't be supplied. Ford can't afford too many dissatisfied customers...it just needs to saturate the market with the non-XR Focus range.

The XR5 will be around for a while yet...

Exactly, there's a five month wait just here in Australia. Also a guy that just recently bought one said you cant get them for less than $42k.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they are saving their marketing money for the RS when it finally arrives.....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Exactly, there's a five month wait just here in Australia. Also a guy that just recently bought one said you cant get them for less than $42k.
i dont know about that. last friday i asked for a Quote on 2 diff XR5T's....Orange was $41,725....and the black one was $39,871 and thats including dealer delivery and stat charges. i made sure that was clear with the guy when i asked....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

As said before Ford don't advertise the XR5 because they sell themselves quicker than they come outa the factory
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i dont know about that. last friday i asked for a Quote on 2 diff XR5T's....Orange was $41,725....and the black one was $39,871 and thats including dealer delivery and stat charges. i made sure that was clear with the guy when i asked....

OK I'm just going off a guy that bought one a few months back. Mind you this car was there and he picked it up the next day.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats why he probably paid so much because it was there

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

yup...they are starting to charge more if they have one there already and it is what you want. and for 42k it was probably orange without leather or sunroof and he probably rounded the 41,725 to 42K....but yes ppl are just buying the cars cheap and selling them for a more hefty Price........because if you are willing not to wait that you should pay more....and when you ring up to enquire about them the dealers are so desperate they ask if you have sourced or found one at another dealer...just so they can get there hands on one....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #10
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for anyone looking for an xr5 there is one at dale ford. i drive past it everyday at work. i dont know the price of it or if it it just for display but its next to heaps of focus' and is on a platform so all can see it when they drive past. i think its orange but ill have to have a second look.

i'm not quite sure what the suburb is but its next to a holden dealer. i think its a dale ford dealership near ashfield, nsw. i hope ive given some help to someone in search of one. sorry if i'm not 100 % certain with the facts but its worth a look for people searching for it.
Old 24-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

You can buy ex-demo cloth interior thrash monsters for $42K off the lot, which is RRP. Life is hard if you didnt pre-order.

Buy an XR4 instead!
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #12
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

I know of one at a rural Ford dealer in Victoria, Black, Red Cloth interior, only just recieved it a couple of days ago and it is unsold. Wont be for long I would not think, but it is still available because I asked them today.
Old 29-12-2006, 04:07 AM   #13
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
OK I'm just going off a guy that bought one a few months back. Mind you this car was there and he picked it up the next day.
Stop hassling the lad!! It was probably a quote from me, and at the time i got mine that was a standard price.. but in the last month or so the price has dropped slightly as more have become available plus people are cancelling orders to buy other cars...

Dont forget to take into consideration different states have different prices as demand varies between states...

Luc