Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Default Newbie :)

Hey everyone, just thought i'd intro myself to the world. Im Nick from Darwin, now the proud owner of a 2002 AU, upgraded from a 1992 KH laser :hihi:

Well i guess what i really want to ask at the moment is in regards to the kits for Au's. Do i need to get the rear bumper and side skirts ar can i just go for the front bumper and leave the rest stock for now. Eg buy a TS50 front bumper and fit it only to begin with without out it looking like ****. Also am i required to buy a new bumper to fit the grille shapes on the new bumpers? Or is it easier to buy the whole thing in one go?

thankks guys, will most likely think of more things as time goes on.

Aye You
(Nick)

aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums mate. Be sure to add your car to www.aufalcon.com and let us know when its up so we have a look.

Personally, i think a front bar without anything else will look horrible. IMO the only bumper that works as a standalone is a Tiny Rear Lower Bar (Not a Havoc or anything like that).

Ive seen the whole kit on ebay for $1200, and the front bumper is one peice. CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK

Best of Luck

Jeff
Old 27-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Hey Jeff, will do man. Oh, i take it with that TS50 kit a new bonnet aint required. Looks like the headlights will fit in beside the grille....right?
Old 28-12-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hiya aye you, welcome to the forums.

I went through the front bar/kit routine a little while ago. I like the TS50 look but didn't want a full kit for my car.

I ended up buying a Brumby front bar. Makes the front different, has driving lights and sits around 20mm (I think) lower that the standard side skirts on my ghia. 20mm across the wheel arch is barely discernible

It was the only bar that I could see that would not look dumb as a standalone.

If I have have wanted a full kit but had to buy it piece by piece, I'd would have collected the bits and fitted them all up together.

Good luck with it...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Hiya aye you, welcome to the forums.

I went through the front bar/kit routine a little while ago. I like the TS50 look but didn't want a full kit for my car.

I ended up buying a Brumby front bar. Makes the front different, has driving lights and sits around 20mm (I think) lower that the standard side skirts on my ghia. 20mm across the wheel arch is barely discernible

It was the only bar that I could see that would not look dumb as a standalone.

If I have have wanted a full kit but had to buy it piece by piece, I'd would have collected the bits and fitted them all up together.

Good luck with it...
Damn Ron, that looks nice. I stand corrected.

AYE_YOU. Look here for more side on pics of ron's car. http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?act=item&i=30
Old 28-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAU1
Damn Ron, that looks nice. I stand corrected.
Thanks Jeff.

I like the look of the full kits but only wanted to change the looks of my car a bit.

I like the standard rear end and didn't want to mess around with that.

My research at the time revealed that probably any other front bar would have looked a bit dumb by itself, which meant fitting sideskirts, which would have made the rear look dumb...

For me, it's a reasonable compromise between a flashy full kit and differentiating my car from others ;)
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
aye you
The Origional, The Best

daaaaaaamn Ron that looks sick, exactly the kind of look i am after. how much did that set u back and where did u get it from? also im lookin at spoilers, cant really decied on the TS50 ones cause their few and far between up here so i haven had a good up close look at them, how hard are ones similar to your to find?