Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-10-2006, 02:05 AM   #31
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Kickers aren't bad either to be honest- I had 2 sets of their 5x7 splits in my last AU and still run one of those sets as rears in the T3- still have another set if anyone is interested in try/buy.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #32
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

I have all the parts I need to install my new HU. But I have yet another hurdle. When to Autobarn yesterday to but the removal tools for my existing HU. They didn't have any to sell, but they did have a set in the office. A couple of the guys there tried to remove the HU, but one of the sides of the CD Player didn't want to come loose.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this clip come loose without the removal tools. I was thinking just to drop the car off to an audio shop and get them to remove the HU for me.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 7" Touch Screen DVD Player
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
blackauman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #33
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did they push the tools right in? i know it sounds funny, but they have to go a fair way in, either that or the clip is broken and it's not coming out without a lot of effort, good luck
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #34
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackauman
I have all the parts I need to install my new HU. But I have yet another hurdle. When to Autobarn yesterday to but the removal tools for my existing HU. They didn't have any to sell, but they did have a set in the office. A couple of the guys there tried to remove the HU, but one of the sides of the CD Player didn't want to come loose.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this clip come loose without the removal tools. I was thinking just to drop the car off to an audio shop and get them to remove the HU for me.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers
Go to a ford dealer, make sure they have the proper tools, as the aftermarket ones dont work aswell.
I know this because i have a set of the aftermarket ones.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #35
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
did they push the tools right in? i know it sounds funny, but they have to go a fair way in, either that or the clip is broken and it's not coming out without a lot of effort, good luck
I think the clip on one side is broken. The passenger side tool went in fine, but the driver's side just slid through. I think the clip in the drivers side is broken.

Any ideas for me.
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
Old 24-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #36
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry, i haven't got any ideas, but a couple of others on here have had the same problem, i think they practically just ripped the thing out of the dash lol
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #37
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
sorry, i haven't got any ideas, but a couple of others on here have had the same problem, i think they practically just ripped the thing out of the dash lol
Yep. Exactly. Doesn't matter, the sod of a thing isn't going back in.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #38
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I think the clip on one side is broken. The passenger side tool went in fine, but the driver's side just slid through. I think the clip in the drivers side is broken.

Any ideas for me.
Try angling the clip on the drivers side - sort of push it to the right as you slide it in the holes. If that doesn't work, try pushing left as you slide it in. The radio on my AU2 wagon didn't want to come out, and this method worked a treat (though I casn't remember if it was left or right that did it).

Also, the pockets and the wiring harnesses work with all series AUs. At least they did in my AU1 XR8, and AU2 Forte. The aerpro kits may not work for premium sound; again, I don't know for sure because I've never done one, but Janek's car is a Ghia, so I assume this is the problem for him, rather than differences between series 1 or 2, etc.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #39
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

Thanks guys. I have installed my new head unit, the old one was very stubburn. I had to die a grewsum death!!! (Mind the spelling)

All done now thanks heaps.
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
Old 14-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #40
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

Hey guys, one thing I forgot to mention. Just wondering if anybody has some ideas for me.

I have the HU in and the pocket fits fine, but I couldn't find where to secure the new cradle. It fits in pretty snug, but I would like to make it much more secure.

Hope you can help.
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
Old 14-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #41
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Hey guys, one thing I forgot to mention. Just wondering if anybody has some ideas for me.

I have the HU in and the pocket fits fine, but I couldn't find where to secure the new cradle. It fits in pretty snug, but I would like to make it much more secure.

Hope you can help.
A couple of countersunk self tapper screws through the cradle into the radio surround will do the trick.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post