Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
janek
Ripping it up

Default Internal Heat shielding

Howdy all, ive just pulled up the carpet in the ghia to clean out a coffee spill, and give it a good going over.

Seeing the carpets up already, i'd like to address something thats always been a bit of an issue for me. The temperature of the floor gets really quite hot. Its much more noticeable nmot with my exhaust.

Is there anything i can put either around the zorst or on the inside of the car to insulate it a little?

I'd prefer something from the inside... was thinking maybe painting on a few dozen layers of sound deadener (The super cheap stuff in a tin)

Any ideas??

janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Check out this thread,

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...78#post1072178

Mick - BLUPRNT XR8 has just done his interior with Dyno Mat..

Send him a PM, I am sure he can help with price and where to get it.

Cheers

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
janek
Ripping it up

i was hoping for something that can get done by Friday...
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post