Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
barlsxr8
Starter Motor

Default XR8 Ute Interior

Hey, Just wondering wether anyone has any au series 2 or 3 xr leather seats and door trims for sale or could u point me in the right direction? also does anyone know where i can get a chrome button for my momo shifter & leather handbrake with chrome button.... willing to pay cash,Thanks...

barlsxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get the Leather Handbrake from Ford. And as for the leather seats & door trims. Talk to BLPRNT_XR8, I'm fairly sure he has already sold his though. Best to check with wreckers and else where.

Chrome Buttons for your Auto Shifter are so rare. Your best, getting your black one chrome plated, or just live with the black button. You need to buy the whole unit to get one from Ford. Sometimes they go on eBay, with a shifter and surround for like $100. So you'd have to buy it, then re-sell the shifter and surround off it.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
You can get the Leather Handbrake from Ford. And as for the leather seats & door trims. Talk to BLPRNT_XR8, I'm fairly sure he has already sold his though. Best to check with wreckers and else where.

Chrome Buttons for your Auto Shifter are so rare. Your best, getting your black one chrome plated, or just live with the black button. You need to buy the whole unit to get one from Ford. Sometimes they go on eBay, with a shifter and surround for like $100. So you'd have to buy it, then re-sell the shifter and surround off it.

Cheers
What LG mentioned about the button is what I did - bought one off Ebay and sold on the parts I didnt need. There is a guy on there who sells them quite often, but be very careful, he has a few negative feedbacks saying items were damaged and broken etc.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

I've tried painting my button chrome a couple of times now but its a bit ordinary and scratches too easily. I'm looking at modicoating them which apparently lasts for every but can be a bit on the dearer side.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
barlsxr8
Starter Motor

thanks, yeah i bought a mommo shifter but it comes with no button ill keep lookn on ebay for a button, but thought i might try painting the button chrome with virtual chrome paint from www.dna-paints.com apperantly its equal to or exceeds OEM finish, which sounds pretty durable looks like it's good stuff has anyone else ever herd of it or used it?
barlsxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlsxr8
thanks, yeah i bought a mommo shifter but it comes with no button ill keep lookn on ebay for a button, but thought i might try painting the button chrome with virtual chrome paint from www.dna-paints.com apperantly its equal to or exceeds OEM finish, which sounds pretty durable looks like it's good stuff has anyone else ever herd of it or used it?
I've been meaning to look into it. looks very interesting.

EDIT: EXCEPT ITS TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #7
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Seen the dna chrome getting sprayed onto a set of rims, awesome product and very simple to use. Looks HOT.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
I've been meaning to look into it. looks very interesting.

EDIT: EXCEPT ITS TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!
lol i second that, 13 grand for the painting machine and $1300 for the paint!!
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post