Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
The Mighty Red

Default Lowering Our Blue XR6

Just bought myself a mod that has been a long time coming , in the 2 1/2 years we have owned her the only mods i have made have been Pacemaker Headers and a CAI ,K&N filter.....

I bought a Used Pedders suspension from ebay a couple of weeks ago , well it turned out that it was not what it was supposed to be .....the suspension I bought was for an IRS XR6 (mines live axle) and also they were not front shocks like stated in the auction but after ringing Pedders with some serial numbers (should of done this before purchase : ) turns out they are rear shockers....

So at the end of the day I was left with a rear suspension I cant use and 1 pair of lowered Pedders front springs that I can use......

So today is mod number 3 for Our Blue XR6 ...I will fit it all myself over the weekend and after fitting a very good Power Steering rack the other day it should after a wheel alignment come up beautiful ....

I was telling the guy a pedders how good it handled when we first bought her and he said that it will handle unreal when i get it all fitted ,

It will also lower the car to a very nice height at the same time ........

Whats in the Trunk ????????.........having trouble posting pics.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg clevo pics 196 (Small) (WinCE).jpg (25.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 27-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
The Mighty Red

Ok , I have installed the rear springs and shocks , it got a bit to dark to post a pic of it ....

To remove the Rear Springs and Shocks is very easy if you want to save yourself some big bucks.......there is only 6 nuts to undo 4 of them being on the shock tower and the other 2 being the top and bottom nut on the shocker itself ..........jack stands , a couple of 18mm sockets a 17mm spanner and a pair of Spring Compressors.

The main issue is safety , Make sure you secure the car properly before and during fitting ...........

I will fit the fronts tomorrow , can't wait ....i know the front shockers are stuffed and it is going to handle like a brand new car.

Old 28-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
The Mighty Red

Smile

Ok I've been at it since 6.15 this morning and have got the front suspension done ...

And believe me the front is a totally different propersition to the back when it comes to fitting them ...but its still only 5 nuts and bolts to do the job and a set of spring compressors, just very fiddly getting the struts in and out but very doable for even someone like me with basic mechanical knowledge.

Aslong as you secure the vehicle with Jack Stands properly then this is a do at home job for most of us.

All up the suspension and power steering Rack has cost me $1020 , so doing the install myself has saved me $1000

......These GSR struts are supposed to be Awesome on Falcons. :hihi:

have a look at my front left strut , it was totally cactus...........

And here is a before and after pick ......it looks a bit lower i think but may need time to settle...Now for those new wheels :Up_to_som

Old 28-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well done! I'm sure you've got heaps of satisfaction doing it yourself!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
The Mighty Red

yeah thanks mate , it does feel good doing it yourself it also means I have some funds to put towards a new set of wheels which have been along time coming also.

I was going to get a new set of wheels but when the steering rack started to play up and I saw and felt the left front Strut I new where the money had to go.

Off to get a wheel alignment now and check out some new wheels then give her a good wash

Old 28-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Good job. Love the colour.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Great Job.

Good luck wheel hunting.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post