Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default I've been had...

When I bought my ute, I was led to believe that it was a XLS ute. I looked up the year and model of my ute on Carsales, doing some more research.

It says there that XLS utes had power windows.

MINE DOESN'T.

I've been duped. My ute is an XL, I think.

Anyway I can confirm this?
Old 22-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

go here:
http://www.myford.com.au/

join up and put your vin number in, it will tell you what it is exactly.

Otherwise send me a PM with your Vin and I'll let you know.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Thanks Casper, will do.
Old 22-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #4
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Well the AUII XLS utes only had black interiors with the sam fabric as an S-pack or SR (Black and Blue). They also had 16" five spoke alloys as per the falcon S or XR6, colour codded grille and door side mouldings. Where as the XL had a grey interior and grey grille and black door side mouldings. The only au ute's ive seen that have a grey interior and manual windows is the SE ute. It's possible the person who ordered it originally asked for manual windows, some people just don't like them. Try this link, look for an AUII XLS if any of these black interiors look like yours, then you have an XLS

www.carsales.com.au

Good Luck

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC

Last edited by Au2falcons; 22-03-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Au2Falcons, that's where I checked it out. I'm gonna do what Casper suggested first, cause Ford should still have my ute on their books.
Old 22-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

mines as SE, just pm me and ill come over and show you my ute sometime. mine only ahd a cd player, no cruise, no power windows. lame but meh.
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

My interior is grey and I have colour coded grill and door side mouldings. I got the best of both worlds... :
Old 23-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #8
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

I think it was an option to have the colour coded on the xl model, it can't be a marlin ute because they had a black interior, sounds to me more line an SE ute, they didn't have to xls rims though you could option them. Going on what your saying it sounds like an XL with a fair few options.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Old 24-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #9
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

For some reason, the damn VIN number entry at My Ford won't give me information on my car. I'm still not giving up though, cause it's been eating away at me since Tuesday now.

:

Edit - The guy who sold it to me wrote the VIN down wrong on my sale contract. It works now.

Apparantly according to Ford, it's this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Ford website
Build Date / Month Manufacture (YY/MM) 0105
Body AUII COMMERCIAL XL S
Engine 4.0L OHC MP EFI
Transmission 4 SPEED FLOOR AUTO (
Colour EXTERIOR NAROOMA BLU
The guy who first bought it must of un-optioned cruise control and power windows.

Last edited by TheSneakiness; 24-03-2005 at 08:34 AM.
TheSneakiness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #10
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Ok cool, he also must have asked for the grey interior, cause i'm quite sure they only had the black/charcoal interior. Money talks so he could have got what he wanted to an extent, or he new someone at ford.