Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #1
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Default What don't we know?

Ok, time for another old thread revival. Post something others here might not know about you.

I'll go first.

Just before my first day of school, I tripped over while running down a steep gravel driveway and slid along on my nose. Like my dad said at the time, I used my nose as a brake pad, and as you'd expect, after sliding along on gravel, there wasn't much left of my nose - what most people don't seem to realise is that there is no bone inside your nose, just gristle.

Here are some pictures:
Before (admittedly a few years earlier):
Before nosebrake(tm)

While healing:
Nosebrake(tm) healing
Nosebrake(tm) still healing

Afterwards (note the shape and size of my nose):
Who needs to pay for a nose job? :p

*Nosebrake is a TM of The MaDDeSTMaN corp, 2005, all rights reserved.

Last edited by The MaDDeSTMaN; 04-01-2005 at 11:10 AM. Reason: to include fineprint(tm)
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Just before my first day of school, I tripped over while running down a steep gravel driveway and slid along on my nose.
lol that could be a reason for the height issue man hehehe.
Ok...
When I was 11 I had a few friends around home while mum was out, 16 of them in fact, we were letting off fireworks in the house. I shot off to take a leak and could hear doors & windows slamming and thought wtf?
As I came out the toilet, mum was standing there with the jug cord in one hand & the vacuum pipe in the other and well...you get the picture!
:(
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

I have a inch or so long burn on my right arm from last year (well...2003) when I tripped and landed on a soldering iron :(
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
hambo_12

umm, just to keep with the injuries bit, When I was 3 I fell head first out of a landcruiser (stationary). Apparently, I didnt cry at all but left one hell of a big dint in the dirt?!?!

I wonder why they call me boof head after that??

No serious injuries to post though...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
xrgran

I was in my mid teens (can't remember much, accidents do that) and came off the back of a motor bike that the driver (long gone ex) lost control of on a dirt road out the back of Mollyulla, vic.

I sailed over the top of him, skidded (apparently) about thirty feet along the rocky, gravel road, crashed into an embankment, and my poor dad had to drive three hours to collect me from Benalla hospital that nite. I then spent xmas eve at FTG hospital having more x-rays, only to find I had a badly fractured skull.

That was a crappy xmas... :(
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #6
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had open heart sergery at 6, and in the last 3 days, i've been stuck in a car for 2600km in the middle of nowhere, exciting stuff.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 12:42 AM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well I'll be saving those photos for future reference!

I wonder if anyone has my (in)famous pink bike photo I posted in the DM forum back on FF.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 01:09 AM   #8
Franky
Bring back the Phase

When I was 14, I hit a six in cricket (school yard) and was running looking at the ball and crashed into my partner. I broke my collarbone and I hurt his ribs pretty bad but I still got to play wicketkeeper a couple of weeks afterwoods.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post