Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My Year in Review

The Year in Review – Helder

Initial Reactions
My initial reactions when dad announced that I may be able to buy my first car were to purchase a Japanese 4 cylinder. The R32 GTS, S13 Silvia and the FC RX-7 as well as the odd 180sx popped into my head, having friends that were into Japanese cars affected the decision in what I wanted to get.

When dad ultimately financed the ink blue Fiesta LX under my name and told me that over the next 3 to 4 years I would be paying the car off, my reaction was torture. I hated the fact that dad went out and financed something that would take me up to 4 years to pay off as well as a car that was considered “cute” and even girl-like.

Euroford
After finally submitting to the idea that dad wasn’t going to return the Fiesta I thought about just driving it and searched up a club of Fiesta’s. Within AFF (no idea how I arrived here), I found Euroford and inside were people that were into Focus’', Fiesta’s, Mondeo's and other European Fords I might've missed and eventually over time I’ve learnt to love my Fiesta. You could say that if it weren’t for Euroford I would have never liked and loved my Fiesta this much.

My first cruise up to Mount Macedon only strengthened this as I finally met up with the guys in the club and put display names to faces.

What I Like
A car newbie like myself I have no idea what this part and that parts mean; so here’s some dot points of what I like;
- The handling/steering
- The colour
- Fuel economy
- Free-revving engine (?)

Only after going through a long sweeping curve at a friends party with a high school friend riding shotgun made me realize how awesome the Fiesta handles (: Not to mention the “twisty” sections on Lysterfield Drive on the way to uni.

What I Don’t Like
- My various collection of dents
- Lack of power

Conclusion
So in conclusion, even though I started off hating my Fiesta, over time with realization and with the help of the guys from Euroford, I’m finally converted and to say the least. I love my Fiesta! Now whenever, I would go out with the high school friends with the FTO’s, the s13’s, the s14’s and the Supra’s I wouldn’t be ashamed of my Fiesta and hold my head high.

Of course here are some images of the past year.

At Highpoint, before the meetup for the Mt Macedon cruise.

Another picture of the Mt Macedon cruise.

Paired alongside my best friends FTO.

At the medical centre's carpark near my place.

Oh, and no shame for driving an Auto : and yes, after two accidents (ramming the friend up the backend and getting rammed) I'm still here

xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post