Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-11-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Speakers

Wife's Hyundai i45 YF Premium has a ****ed speaker in front passenger door, so figure I'll grab a replacement pair during Black Friday sales.

Google tells me size is 6.5, and Hyundai forums says can't be deeper than 3.5, but ****ed if I can find out whether they are 2-way or 3-way or ???

Will it matter if they are 2-ways and I replace with 3-ways, or replace 3-ways with 2-ways? I know it has tweeters up on the dash, so am guessing these would be "mid range" speakers but don't really know what that means (don't know if that means they are 2-ways)???

Not planning on replacing head unit or adding amps or anything like that - am only replacing the speakers because one is blown - so don't want to over-invest in speakers that the head-unit/power will not be able to make the most of, but by same token want to get value for money...so wondering if those that know more than me about car audio can recommend something bang-for-buck out of these:

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...ce_default_asc

Last edited by Mulva; 24-11-2023 at 12:14 PM.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post