Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2023, 04:30 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Indeed, the spark arrestor was solidly caked with carbon. Presently got the whole muffler in chemicals to try and remove much as possible.

Hoping there is no further issue, but I notice the primer bulb never gets a really “firm” feel to it so there could be supply side investigations later.
Easiest way to remove the carbon is to set fire to it.................probably let the chemicals dry first though. I actually did two of my BG86's yesterday with a gas torch flame.

Same topic, but deeper, the two BG86's at work had been losing power and not revving properly. They were sent in for "service" at the Stihl dealer, only to return exactly the same. I guess they thought a sale would be forthcoming.

I pulled the exhaust screen out, but it wasn't too bad. I then removed the muffler to find the exhaust port on the head almost completely blocked. I chipped away the carbon, reinstalled the muffler and they both ran like champs again. Sometimes, you have to do things yourself to get the result.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: