Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-09-2022, 07:26 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Soaked to the bone after working in the rain all day, I had a late customer come in for a wander. I was in no mood to chat, and yet I spent far too long with this man than the boss should know about.

This gentleman had moved to the area about two years ago and hadn't know we existed till today. After he told me that he had just had to put his dog down this morning, I knew he needed the distraction, someone or something to take his mind off losing a companion. Suddenly, I had all the time in the world to listen, despite being cold and wet. Somehow, the chat turned to cars, I said that I hope he wasn't into bloody Holden's, me also saying I was a Ford man when questioned why I asked that.

Well, it turns out he worked for Tickford and FPV. We talked T-Series, 5.6 Windsor's, Barra Turbo's, Boss and Miami V8 engines. We even chatted about David Flint, the man responsible for leading the Tickford/FPV brand. Apparently, he didn't take any sh.t from Ford, which I always thought was the case. I also agreed with his statement that Falcon's often had the better engineering quality over the Holden product. Comments regarding the transition from FPV under Prodrive to being brough back inhouse at Ford were interesting, although not surprising.

I hope I managed to take his mind away from his grief for at least a little while. And I hope he returns; I have more questions to ask!
He came back!!

My new friend came in again today, we were somewhat busy, so I didn't have as much time chat as much as last week. At least I wasn't soaking wet, and the sun was shining this time.

He also offered to give me his set of FPV company overalls, I didn't know what to say other than he didn't have to do that. His response was that they didn't fit him anymore, that he was a Holden man and that they would be better in the hands of a diehard like me. That made me smile and the offer was lovely.

And it looks like I gained a job out of it as well. I don't normally advertise that I'm a gardener or actively seek out new work. I have a set list of clients that I tend to which I can control rather than saying YES to everyone and everything. I have done that in the past and it just isn't good for me or the client. The conversation ended up falling onto the subject of work and me mentioning I have my own side business. He said he needed some help in the garden and I need to replace a regular that I finished up at this week.

All that from just being there to listen to the man when he needed someone to talk to.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post