Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
valiant81
Starter Motor

Default AU ford radio removal !!

Ok boys and girls;
Ok i had to replace the battery in my AU ford last month and as the radio is not the original ( was changed over from the radio/cassette, base model to the higher spec model that have a cd/ radio ). radio worked fine until the battery was replaced and now the display only comes up with "code". No big deal except i have lost the code and i did not write the code for the radio into the owner's manual.
Again no big deal and from what i have found out is that if i can give for head office for ford ( ?? ) a call with the serial number of the radio they would be able to give me the code number.

Now my problem is that i can not release the radio from it's mounting points . I have used the u shaped little fingers and can release the left hand side, but the right hand side refuses to release. Before i go in "boots and all" is there another way to release the radio so as i can then get the serial number from the radio.

Yes i know i should have written the code into the owner's manual when i replaced the radio, but i didn't and now i'm paying for it. Hopefully some one from the brain trust can point me in the right direction.
valiant81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post