Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Burnt Smell Coming From The Vent

Hi Everyone

I went to drive the ute today and could smell something burning. The next thing I know, there was smoke coming out of the centre vents and around the centre console.

I have pulled the centre 'egg' and glovebox out trying to find if there was any sort of evidence of a burnt plug and/or wires. I have not so far been able to locate anything that would indicate that it was electrical but there very well could be something hidden behind something that I am not aware of.

Also, everything is working as it should. The fan is not making any funny noises.

I have put everything back in and now I can only smell the burnt smell when I turn the fan on though the smell does disappear after a minute or so. The weird thing is that I can smell the burnt smell through the centre vents but not so much the side vents.

While it seems to have fixed itself at the moment I hate it when something does fix itself as it only comes back to bite you on the **** at the worst possible time. On top of that, if it does play up again, I don't want to be stuck on the highway watching the car burn to the ground.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to explain in detail what has happened. Any help would be appreciated.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post