Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
xr8cam

Thumbs up Trigger Happy

Has anybody had the experience when getting alignment or wheels balanced etc that they over tighten the wheel nuts. Last thursday, I was getting front wheels balanced and I asked the guy politely if he could tell the guy on my car not to do this. I explained my reasons and also provided a preset torque wrench so the staff could get on with it. All good, happy to oblige says he, I get it he said. As i stood and watched from a distance, they first attempted to crush the wheel nuts using a wheel brace and then went over them again with the ratchet gun. I stood there in disbelief, and when I got home, I jacked the car up & did it properly. For those who think I might be a bit a bit picky, this exact situation was the reason my last Falcon wouldn't drive straight. I read a forum by the 'bush mechanic' who along with others, have had these issues with alloy wheels being over-torqued. Very interested in peoples opinions on this. Go Aus in the upcoming world cup, good win over kiwis last night.

Last edited by xr8cam; 16-10-2016 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Had to mention the league results.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: