Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The car you want....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbucko View Post
For me it will Have to be a 2016 Falcon, probably the last new car that I want to own.

I learnt to drive in a new XK, I have an XM, I drove an XE the equivalent of to the Moon and back, cruised around in a ZL Fairlane for a while, and have owned a Territory for the last 7 years.

I am not interested in highly stressed direct injected turbo 4 ecoboxes overstuffed with tech, CV or duel-clutch gearboxes, engines that restart themselves every time you stop in traffic, just more things to go wrong. Just want a simple honest car that is good to drive that I can repair and service myself.

I started driving in a Falcon, 25 cars, not all Fords, and 50 years later I want a Falcon to be the last car I own.
I like the way you think OlBucko, there is something to be said for cars with a bit less complexity, and cars that you don`t need to send to nasa for diagnosis and repair(another reason im not a fwd fan),

had my au for 10 years, and dont regret a minute of it, thinking about doing an engine freshen up even though it still runs well, except for a bit of a rear main leak(tiny just discovered today) and using a bit of oil, but i dont think anyone would begrudge that after 13 years of age.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: