Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
PIG-351

Default GT Buyer's Beware

Hi everyone,

Just found out that the XB GT project car I have left a deposit on is NOT such a good bye after all.

Had a look at it & all the parts that come with it friday week ago, went back on the saturday with a relo (who is a panel man) to have a 2nd look & leave a holding deposit. My thoughts were occupied by the fact the body looked so good, even though the hifill primer over it was a terrible half hearted job!!

Rang Ford Australia & organised a verification letter to see exactly what options she had from the factory . . . . because it LOOKED like a highly optioned car.

Letter turns up in the mail a few days latter & the car has quite a few more options these days that are over & above the few options that it was made with back in December 1973!!

About the only things that are correct are the Yellow Blaze colour scheme with black interior & option 52 wheels.

Friends in high places checked out the vin number for me & the car is question turns out to be stolen at some time in the past.

PLEASE BE WARNED . . . . make 100% sure that you check out the numbers with Ford Australia, your state registration department & Police BEFORE you leave ANY $$$$ on a prospective purchase . . . . NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT MAY SEEM.

I left my holding deposit & if it wasn't for the Ford letter of verification turning up which in turn made me start asking questions, I might have had a VERY VERY EXPENSIVE paddock bomb in my possession by now. I am now out of pocket by my deposit amount only thankfully.

Once again, do your research with the numbers 1st & foremost.

Best of luck.

Motivation determines what you do . . . .

Attitude determines how well you do it

05/2008 FG mk1 XR6 Turbo auto sedan in Sensation

12/2015 SZ mk2 Territory Titanium RWD diesel in Emperor

08/2015 PX mk2 Ranger XLT dual cab 4wd auto in True Red
PIG-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post