The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Default Re: Ford wants Lincoln to be a luxury player with FWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Mercedes and BMW are seen as premium, others arnt....what's the difference? Rear wheel drive. Even Lexus knows they have to have rear wheel drive.
Firstly, can I ask if you're Australian, because you remind me of someone off another forum...

Secondly,

SINCE WHEN HAS AWD/RWD SOLELY DEFINED 'PREMIUM'?

Please do answer me that one, because if a spacious, luxurious interior with ample tech. or a smooth handling / riding experience has nothing to do with it, why bother with anything more than a Falcon XT for a luxury car? You'll save a mint!

If every M-B & BMW owner were asked why they brought it over an Acura, Lexus or Lincoln etc., do you honestly believe they will all say "because they're only RWD/AWD". For M & AMG owners, yes, I'd expect that they would say something along those lines - and they have good reason, those cars are paramount all-rounders - but to expect the 'average' well-off person to buy a base 3-Series over a fully spec'd up Mondeo Titanium JUST because the 3er is RWD (nothing to do with the badge at all) is laughable...

Last edited by fou_bleu; 02-02-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Grammar fail...
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post