Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default Re: Focus Titanium vs Cruze SRi-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
I'm at work, just spoke to my wife who is running around with the Focus; she informs me that "it's noisy" and "bumpy". That's the tyres,I heard it last night. At first I thought it was a gearbox whine, but after a bit more driving realised it was the tyres.

We're not fussy, we drive a Territory and it is smooth, quiet and has a better turning circle than the Focus with 17inch wheels.

The Sport was fine, but I'm wondering whether the Titanium with 16in wheels will have a better turning circle than the 17in. The problem I see is that the dealer changes the wheels over, but it's the factory that adjusts the steering to stop wheel scrub with the 17's.

Will the dealer be able to re-adjust for the 16's?
Should read like this:

I'm at work, just spoke to my wife who is running around with the Focus; she informs me that "it's noisy" and "bumpy". That's the tyres,I heard it last night. At first I thought it was a gearbox whine, but after a bit more driving realised it was the tyres.

We're not fussy, we drive a Territory and it is smooth, quiet and has a better turning circle than the Focus with 18inch wheels.

The Sport was fine, but I'm wondering whether the Titanium with 17in wheels will have a better turning circle than the 18in. The problem I see is that the dealer changes the wheels over, but it's the factory that adjusts the steering to stop wheel scrub with the 18's.

Will the dealer be able to re-adjust for the 17's?
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post