Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau Stable
Scenario 2: the life story and wrong facts. I don't need to know if your brothers aunty's sisters 3rd cousins nephew owned one with a BIG 350 chev that really flew. Umm isn't the 350 a GM engine anyway mate? It's nice to hear a little bit about someones love of the cars, but when it becomes a long winded and obscure reference to someone they hardly knew, or wrong facts, i just couldn't be bothered anymore.

Scenario 3: The folks who say hello and then instantly think it's ok to either lean on your car or open a door or run their hands over it etc. Excuse me? You are not a friend. And even a friend will know not to lean on my pride and joy or touch the paintwork. I hate it when people presume that they can do as they please since they did their obligitory hello. A stranger opening my door for a closer look is an instant way to make my blood boil. If i am asked, i will always oblige and let them have a seat even, but i DO NOT appreciate someone doing so without asking first.
These 2 scenarios' are spot on...

Scenario 2: People who babble on with rubbish and no facts (the ole uncle who owned a genuine ridgy didge Phase 4 which had an auto and towed the family boat.)

Scenario 3: People who feel the right to touch, handle and even lean / sit on your car. I've had numb skulls tap, sit on, lean, pull at and even remove parts off my cars to have a look at shows! It took all the patience and calmness in the world for me not instantly head butt them to the ground!!!

But the worst are parents with kids who let little Johnny swing off display posts next to show cars. I have never had posts around my cars, but I once just caught and saved a post hitting the door of someone else's fully restored car. The parents couldn't give a cr@p that the kid was running up and down knocking posts over!!!

cheers,
Dave.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post