Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Vicroads regulations?

I have just been told that from January 1 2011 there are some new Vicroads rules that will come into force regarding modifications and roadworthiness of vehicles and they sound pretty far reaching.
Some of what I have heard is that all modifications that increase performance will now need an engineer's certificate regardless of how minor.
Guages on A pillars,steering columns and tops of dash boards will apparently be outlawed.There is apparently also something in there about bonnet scoops.
Another one is that Vicroads officers will be actively pulling over cars and
conducting roadside roadworthy inspections and targetting old car gatherings such as the All Ford Day & Picnic at Hanging Rock.
Roadworthy inspection costs are apparently set to skyrocket due to extra paperwork as well.
Apparently the idea is to get as many "unroadworthy" (old) cars off the road as possible but I haven't been able to find anything on the Vicroads website and I'm surprised that Street Machine or Unique Cars haven't jumped on this if it's true.
Has anyone heard anything about this?