Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default Cloudy metallic paint work

Hi there...

Can anybody tell me if it was normal from 1998 to 2002 ( production period of the AU Falcon ) , that the metallic paint job ( in my case silver metallic ) was sometimes a bit cloudy ?

It really depends on the time of the day ( light intensity ) and the angle from what you approach the car.....but it sometimes just looks a bit ( i mean really slightly ) cloudy.

It hasen't been repainted or resprayed completely.

The only repainted area on our Falcon is the drivers door ( it got a new door skin a few years ago ) and to make sure, that the door doesn"t stick out by being slightly lighter or darker in colour, they did some sort of overspray to the rear door and the front guard. There you can see cloudy patches which seem to be unavoidable ( damn metallic paint ) .....but on the passenger side I can see them too but i know it hasen't been resprayed there.

Now I am wondering if some Falcons just rolled out of the factory that way in Broadmeadows when it was produced in 2000.

Does anybody have the same phenomenon with a silvermetallic Falcon as well ? ( no matter if AU , BA , BF etc. )

Thanks for any info and maybe some ideas how to avoid cloudiness when respraying a car in silvermetallic

cheers

The Moose

Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post