Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
perthfggsute

Default bf xr8 ute first time its been down the strip

Morning fella's

Last night took the 2006 bf xr8 ute down the strip for the first time,i have raced alot over the last 30 years but it was this vehicles first time on the quarter.

It was over here in Perth,the track had alright traction,air temp was around 17c.

Best time was 13.38 at 167 kph, with a few in the 13.4's.

Did 7 runs all up.

Ute has the following done to it.

Diff gears are 3.46 (originally 2.73's).

Defillipo headers and cats,hotdogs in place of center muffler and two more hotdogs in place of rear resonator.

Flash tune installed

82 degree thermostat

Helix spacer

BPR cold air kit

Ute has the 6 speed semi auto

the fastest runs were all done in sports mode and let the box do the shifting,it is running the standard 17" wheels and tyres,best runs were with 26 psi in the rears,ran 45 psi in the front tyres,i did a small burn out on the fastest runs,loaded the stall a bit and just nailed it on the last amber.

was very happy at the 13.3 considering the minimal mods done (so far),my expectations before going was to just get under 14.0,it was just good to be back on a track again,as i haven't raced for 3 years.

Now i have to think about what more to do to the ute to get into high 12's consistently.

I hope some of the above info is of use to some of you. Cheers Dave

perthfggsute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post