Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
AlfaRomeoGTV6
T Series Club Member #041

Exclamation Cheap Konis !!! C'mon We Can Do It !!!

I was following Dave's thread and his journey buying Koni Adjustable Sport (yellow) shock absorbers from Ange the owner of the now defunct GT Suspension. Upon reading Dave's thread up to the point where he purchased the Koni equipment, I telephoned Ange and got a quote for the supply and fitting of Koni Yellows together with the fitting of a set of Eibach springs and front end wheel alignment. I already have the Eibach springs. I purchased them about six months ago from CarShine, Tullamarine.

I had intended to book my car (2001 AU11 XR6 live axle) in for the modifications within two to three weeks of my initial telephone conversation with Ange. It wasn't long before I learnt that GT Suspension had shat itself.

It is my guess the importer/distributor of Koni products had supplied GT Suspension with Koni stock and given that GT Suspension were experiencing liquidity shortfalls the owner manager was selling product at fire sale cash only prices just to get enough cash through the front door allowing GT Suspension to operate on a day-to-day basis. At the same time GT Suspension also accepted remote electronic transactions/telephone orders and payments but did not supply customers with the goods they had already paid for.

The proprietor of GT Suspension is going to become quite familiar with the surroundings of the Victorian County Court.

Dave you are a very lucky bugger to buy such premium equipment at such unrealistic prices !!!

I now need to find a set of Koni Yellows at a great price. I am pretty certain I will not find Koni equipment at the price paid by Dave. Does anyone else share my need for Koni Yellows. Maybe we could organise a multiple set buy (do we need permission for this ?). Only if it's 2 or 3 sets. Please let me know your thoughts.

AlfaRomeoGTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: