Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default issues with panel beater - what to do next?

After having my car at the panel beater for three and a half weeks after some clowns decided it was good to use my car as a trampoline (now the cops have decided there isn't enough evidence to charge them with, is a black eye enough evidence?), i get it back with more issues than it went in with.

The place where RACV sent it to is **Edited** in (Victoria). I received the car back on Friday after waiting 3.5 weeks. All what was required to fix was a new roof, a new windshield and a small dent in the bonnet. Anyway get it back yesterday and notice these issues.

1) Driver's side door handle has been scraped
2) The rear two wheels have small chips taken out of them
3) The LHS washer jet is full of some kind of putty
4) The two red LED's where the interior light is are missing
5) The traction control system doesn't work anymore
6) There is overspray on the lower dam at the front of the car, yet no respray on the bumper bar was required.
7) Replacement windshield doesn't look to be fitted right, a bit of a gap in the lower corner of the drivers side (I have tested for leaks but haven't found any yet).

Now as soon as I noticed these issues I called RACV and basically asked WTF? They had the car 3.5 weeks and its come back with more problems, they basically said I have to go back to the same repairer due to a contract they have with them. I call edited and tell them, he said it couldn't have happened there as they don't drive the cars (I suspect this to be BS) and it had to have happened in the accident, of which I highlighted to the manager that there was no accident. They now want to see the car.
I wonder what kind of shop they're running there.

I am going to take the car back on Tuesday demanding these things be fixed and not take 3 weeks to do it. What I want to know is, am I asking too much? Do I have any right to demand these issues to be reparied?

In hindsight I wished I decided to choose my own repairer but the state of mind I was in I really just wanted the car to be fixed.

I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Last edited by Laminge; 07-06-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post