Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

Default Idle and surging issue.

Hi there,

My AU has started to idle a little rough and not perform as normal.
that is when i accelerated, the car was really sluggish until 3500 RPM then bang took off.

So I booked it in for a service, and noticed that it got worse by the day.
checking the forums last night I decided to try the ECU reset, but no joy.

So during it's service i had the fuel filter replaced and asked for the spark plugs to be checked etc, I remembered the injectors but forgot to mention it to them.

My mechanic said the fuel filter was rotten, I figured that i got a bad batch of fuel, as I had a temporary surge problem but it went away after the next fill. The good blokes at my local ford dealer had done a spectacular effort and only changed 4 of the 8 spark plugs at the 100K service :, (1 bank was platinum 1 bank was off the shelf c**p) so i now have Platinum plugs thanks to my real mechanic.

Problems is it is now idling worse than before and the power loss is really noticable along with the surge, my mechanic ran out of time to diagnose what the problem was today, but before i take it back any suggestions.
i am thinking injectors, note: i only run 98 RON and only from Mobil, Caltex and Shell.

Your help in this issue would be appreciated guys.

Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
kiwikid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post