Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Default Mechanic Put My Suspension Back The Wrong Way..

Well, the story goes that i had to get a roadworthy for my AU before i got it rego'd because i bought my car with bauld tyres (yes i bought a car with all bauld tyres but the car has only done 90,000k's and it was for $5000) and i wanted to get it rego'd under my name. To get this i had to get the rear bushes replaced because they were wearing says the mechanic. Anyways, got that done, got it on the road again and so my mate and i decided to go to see a friend 150k's away for her birthday. My friend was very suprised how well it handled in town and how smooth it was driving. After about 25k's out the road on 100kph i said oh you should see how well it handles at 100 its so good (mind you this is the first time i have drove it out on open road after roadworthy) so he went on a straight and flicked the wheel slightly and the back of the car felt like it was on soap with flat tyres. There was sooooo much bodyroll it was actually rather scary. the back tyres luckly didnt loose grip when i did it but at this time it was about 4.30pm and the temprature was 35. We decided to leave it for 10mins so we kept driving. After 10mins we did it again and there was still too much body roll, so much that when he slightly moved the wheel back it flicked to the other side. So we pulled over to see if the wheels were loose or the tyres were flat. Everything was good, so we kept driving (would of got RACV but no phone reception) it kept doing it the whole way and so we were forced to drive an extra 80k to get it looked at to where we originally wanted to go. Went to Ford in Horsham and he said it may be shocks or worn suspention but it didnt do this when i first got the car. So a different mechanic took it for a drive, slightly flicked the wheel and said 'woooooooooooooooooooooooow (insert swearing here)' this is not good. He immediately said that oh have you had the bushes replaced lately? Because most likely it seems like the rods were put back in the wrong holes (not much idea what this is). So we said yes got it done last week, the mechanic had alot of other things on so i think he would of had to get it done quick. He said yeah.. dont do anything stupid when driving it and drive 20k's at the least and reallly carefully under the limit if its raining because it might slide out from you.

I was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or think of anything else that would cause this or what should i say to this mechanic?
Im going to tell him about it today or tommorow because this only happened friday/saturday.
(this mechanic also stole like $2 out of my console and my bottle opener whilst getting this done : )

Last edited by daniel_rossy; 16-03-2008 at 09:42 AM.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post